The Student Room Group

Does steam come out of your clothes dryer???

Hi,
This may sound odd, but do you ever notice steam come out of your dryer while your clothes are drying? I've noticed it coming off the clothes when I've taken them out of the machine, but today noticed it coming out of the machine. It may have happened before when I wasn't directly near the machine in the past, but today I happened to be next to it so saw it. I got paranoid and turned the machine off before hanging the clothes up on a stand (I use the dryer to avoid my flat getting damp) It's a washer-dryer by the way. Also, it was steam and not smoke just to let you know in-case anyone wonders x
Depends what type of dryer it is. If it's a condenser dryer ( which has a bucket which collects water that you have to empty) you shouldn't see any steam coming out of the machine while it's drying.

If it's a traditional dryer however with a hose and vent it's perfectly normal to see steam coming out ( though the hose should lead outdoors otherwise it'll cause damp in your flat.

It's normal however when you open the dryer after it's just finished to see a little steam coming off your clothes
Original post by SophieSmall
Depends what type of dryer it is. If it's a condenser dryer ( which has a bucket which collects water that you have to empty) you shouldn't see any steam coming out of the machine while it's drying.

If it's a traditional dryer however with a hose and vent it's perfectly normal to see steam coming out ( though the hose should lead outdoors otherwise it'll cause damp in your flat.

It's normal however when you open the dryer after it's just finished to see a little steam coming off your clothes

Ok, thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending