The Student Room Group

What type of people shop in aldi and lidl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Same here ! People just go to the nearest store they find lol

Yeah haha

And it isnt true at all hat Lidl/Aldi is poor quality, there are many brands and stuff that is the same quality as more 'prestigious' shops for half the price. People who think only chavs shop there can stay up their own asses and waste money when they could get the same thing cheaper, its their loss :u:
Original post by lolakirk
Yeah haha

And it isnt true at all hat Lidl/Aldi is poor quality, there are many brands and stuff that is the same quality as more 'prestigious' shops for half the price. People who think only chavs shop there can stay up their own asses and waste money when they could get the same thing cheaper, its their loss :u:

So true ! Btw in France, German quality is much appreciated ! I really like lidl chocolate :ahee: :ahee:
Original post by mscaffrey
I hear they all have 3 eyes and roll around on an advanced wheel type robotic limb.

:mmm:
I dont shop there but the people round where i live arent particularly friendly. A lot wear tracksuits and stuff like that.
I shop in Tesco due to the sheer variety of stuff in there (Tesco Extra)!!
But people can shop where they want to. It doesnt really say much about them tbh.
I like Waitrose myself but dont live near one. Their stuff is amazing when ive had it.
[video="youtube;Kg7-RPLB5LU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7-RPLB5LU[/video]
I shop there - get MUCH more stuff for the same money as tesco - where I used to shop and get near delivered from the local butcher. Saves a fortune
I think the Times did some blind taste experiment of Lidl/Aldi products vs Big 4/Waitrose. In most categories, Lidl/Aldi performed well and got average score in line with Big 4. Sometimes top score for cheese, wine and cereals, a few poor scores for rice, canned tomatoes. I don't notice any difference with household cleaning stuff. I can't argue with the lower grocery bill.
Reply 27
Smart people who realise that there's no point paying extra money towards food of the same quality
I agree with everyone else- the Lidl bakery is AMAZING
Students :P

But seriously, Lidl has a very decent bakery. They bake some nice blueberry muffins and triple chocolate cookies.

I shop at specific supermarkets for specific items. I like the juice Asda and Waitrose, the bakery at Lidl and Sainsbury, the meat options at Tesco etc.
Original post by FireFreezer77
I dont shop there but the people round where i live arent particularly friendly. A lot wear tracksuits and stuff like that.
I shop in Tesco due to the sheer variety of stuff in there (Tesco Extra)!!
But people can shop where they want to. It doesnt really say much about them tbh.
I like Waitrose myself but dont live near one. Their stuff is amazing when ive had it.

lol.
Original post by jmcwitch
I shop there - get MUCH more stuff for the same money as tesco - where I used to shop and get near delivered from the local butcher. Saves a fortune

What do the people look like that shop in these places?
A lot of people from all classes

You often find wealthy people going there to save money
Reply 32
What an interesting question, I think the same people that shop in Tesco probably shop in Lidl and Aldi, too. I agree with: "People just go to the nearest store they find".
Original post by mscaffrey
I hear they all have 3 eyes and roll around on an advanced wheel type robotic limb.

they all look pretty normal to me...

Reply 34
My mum
There is absolutely nothing wrong with food from Lidl/Aldi, it's fantastic quality and great value for money. The snobbery towards these supermarkets is ridiculous, but I think it's dying away now people are realising they're a good choice
smart people
Cheap price funny brand names tho
Original post by muslimstanisyed
What do the people look like that shop in these places?

You've got a mirror, go look in it
Original post by WBZ144
Students :P

But seriously, Lidl has a very decent bakery. They bake some nice blueberry muffins and triple chocolate cookies.

I shop at specific supermarkets for specific items. I like the juice Asda and Waitrose, the bakery at Lidl and Sainsbury, the meat options at Tesco etc.

feck I couldnt do that. Id rather go to one store and buy all. Max 2.

Aldi for me is the king however sometimes brands are needed.
I go to Lidl just for their cookies :love:

Quick Reply

Latest