The Student Room Group

Confused about new A-Level structure

Hi everyone!
I'm doing my AS exams next month and 2 of my 4 subjects are the new type of A-Levels. I'm really confused as to whether those exams matter as I will have to do it again next year anyway?? Is this correct? My teachers don't seem sure of how its going to work out so can anyone explain it to me :smile: Thanks
Original post by bubblesnuggets
Hi everyone!
I'm doing my AS exams next month and 2 of my 4 subjects are the new type of A-Levels. I'm really confused as to whether those exams matter as I will have to do it again next year anyway?? Is this correct? My teachers don't seem sure of how its going to work out so can anyone explain it to me :smile: Thanks

There's no reason for your teachers to be "unsure"

AS levels taken in a reformed subject this year do not count towards your final A level grade. You will be tested again on this years content in your exams next summer.
These exams still matter......
The AS is still a qualification that counts toward a uni application if you decide not to continue the subject to full A level. The results may be used by your school to decide if you will be allowed to continue to study the subject next year, .they will certainly be used as your teachers decide what grades to predict for your overall A level result for a university application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
There's no reason for your teachers to be "unsure"

AS levels taken in a reformed subject this year do not count towards your final A level grade. You will be tested again on this years content in your exams next summer.
These exams still matter......
The AS is still a qualification that counts toward a uni application if you decide not to continue the subject to full A level. The results may be used by your school to decide if you will be allowed to continue to study the subject next year, .they will certainly be used as your teachers decide what grades to predict for your overall A level result for a university application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest