The Student Room Group

Why has bullying made me feel more mature?

Some of you may know that I'm being bullied at college.
It's not been fun but since it started I've noticed a change in myself.
I feel like I've become way more mature now. I was really immature before and would laugh at stupid things and pull pranks and stuff like that. But now I think all of that I stupid!
I like to have proper conversations, make sure everyone is happy (not at college though, I couldn't care less about those ****ers) and feel more appreciative about things opi hated before.
I don't know if my OCD has anything to do with it but is this normal or am I just being weird again?
Has anyone else experienced anything like this at all?
Thanks!
Probably because you have become more mature. There's nothing like actual adversity to make people grow up fast.
Same reason the army makes you "grow up" - that's the outward appearance at least.
Reply 3
Original post by FireFreezer77
Some of you may know that I'm being bullied at college.
It's not been fun but since it started I've noticed a change in myself.
I feel like I've become way more mature now. I was really immature before and would laugh at stupid things and pull pranks and stuff like that. But now I think all of that I stupid!
I like to have proper conversations, make sure everyone is happy (not at college though, I couldn't care less about those ****ers) and feel more appreciative about things opi hated before.
I don't know if my OCD has anything to do with it but is this normal or am I just being weird again?
Has anyone else experienced anything like this at all?
Thanks!

It could be that being bullied has allowed you to understand deeply how important empathy really is hence you have deep conversations make sure people are happy.

Not to sure this is a sign of maturity. Saying you stopped laughing at stupid things sound kinda immature to me personally.

Why are you being bullied and are you trying to put an end to it?
Original post by tailred
It could be that being bullied has allowed you to understand deeply how important empathy really is hence you have deep conversations make sure people are happy.

Not to sure this is a sign of maturity. Saying you stopped laughing at stupid things sound kinda immature to me personally.

Why are you being bullied and are you trying to put an end to it?

Yeah I guess so. I mean today I tried my best to cheer up someone who's been having difficulties recently. She was very grateful but still sad which made me sad as I care about her.

Well it was just an example really. I've stopped acting childish and appear to be acting more like an adult now. I taking things more seriously that I did before because I understand the importance of it.

It's because I'm super quiet in person and no. It's 8 against 1 so how the hell do I stop that?
The teachers are crap too so they're not gonna do anything.
Reply 5
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yeah I guess so. I mean today I tried my best to cheer up someone who's been having difficulties recently. She was very grateful but still sad which made me sad as I care about her.

Well it was just an example really. I've stopped acting childish and appear to be acting more like an adult now. I taking things more seriously that I did before because I understand the importance of it.

It's because I'm super quiet in person and no. It's 8 against 1 so how the hell do I stop that?
The teachers are crap too so they're not gonna do anything.

Ok. What do they say/do? How does it make you feel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending