The Student Room Group

Address on the Driving Licence

How much does the address on the UK driving licence matter?

I have been living overseas for many years and I will exchange for a UK driving licence but the problem is I don't have a so-called permanent address in Britain. Can I use my uni residence address instead for it?
Original post by Caffe_sean1

I have been living overseas for many years and I will exchange for a UK driving licence but the problem is I don't have a so-called permanent address in Britain. Can I use my uni residence address instead for it?

If you change the address driving licenses can be used as a form of identification and for insurance purposes it would need to be your current address. I used my halls address on mine so don't see why you couldnt give it a go.

Where do your UK bank statements go to?
Reply 3

The address matters alot as you will have problems getting insured. International license prices are really high and expensive as i recently got a quotation for my uncle. But make sure your car and license have the same address if you have an accident you want to be covered as some insurance companies start making excuses
Original post by raesa786
The address matters alot as you will have problems getting insured. International license prices are really high and expensive as i recently got a quotation for my uncle. But make sure your car and license have the same address if you have an accident you want to be covered as some insurance companies start making excuses

This.

When I first came back from living overseas, I was classed as a foreign driver, and for an 18 year old foreign driver with zero NCB, insurance premiums started at around £20,000 a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending