The Student Room Group

Curry house chef prepared food after wiping his bottom with his bare hands

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Attempt
"because he doesn't use toilet paper for 'cultural reasons"

I can't even believe I read that.

I know there's something like this in the Islamic Hadiths about not using toilet paper but Jesus Christ, this is disgusting.

No there is nothing like this in Islamic teachings. It's the opposite; anything that ensure cleanliness is rewardful.

Stop it already with your lies and inciting hatred.
You're so ignorant, it reminds of the time when my dad said one if his co-workers called his food disgusting.

Like honestly grow up.

Firstly it's daily mail...a very reliable source indeed.

Secondly, if it is true, which I doubt (if he cleaned himself with water why wouldn't he wash his hands? the whole story is clearly exaggerated) why would you pin that on other indian foods/ restaurants? As an Indian, with a mum who owns a very successful catering business she maintains complete hygiene and was awarded with a 5 star hygiene assessment award. It's even more important for restaurants to hold their hygiene standards up higher as they are prone to walk in inspections without a notice.

So you saying that is not only stupid, but actually rather insulting.
Original post by Attempt
"because he doesn't use toilet paper for 'cultural reasons"

I can't even believe I read that.

I know there's something like this in the Islamic Hadiths about not using toilet paper but Jesus Christ, this is disgusting.

Mate, it's the daily mail!
Original post by Attempt
LMAOOOOOOOOO :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

iNCINERATED

You're an idiot to laugh at that, it was racist. How pathetic are you?
Original post by Attempt
Why don't they leave your backwards culture where you came from when Migrating to the west?

Because to them, it's not backwards?

How can people be so thick...
Original post by Attempt
Why don't they leave your backwards culture where you came from when Migrating to the west?

"they"

Oh my god. You're so pathetic.
Reply 26
Original post by Butternuts96
No there is nothing like this in Islamic teachings. It's the opposite; anything that ensure cleanliness is rewardful.

Stop it already with your lies and inciting hatred.

Usama b. Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on his way back from 'Arafat got down in one of these creeks (to answer the call of nature), and after he had done that I poured water (over his hands) and said: Are you going to pray? Thereupon he said: The place of prayer is ahead of you.
Original post by Attempt
I laughed at him owning you, moron.

Not what he said about abandoning Indian food.

:facepalm:

it's a she "moron".

It's not funny. It was discriminatory, I certainly haven't been "owned".
Reply 28
Original post by donutellme
Because to them, it's not backwards?

How can people be so thick...

You must be thick if you think that not washing your hands after defecating isn't backwards.
Reply 29
Clearly an inferior culture. Why do we continue to tolerate such barbarity? No wonder these people can scarcely survive beyond the age of 40 without Western medicines and technological advancements.

'From Swindon'?
Reply 30
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
it's a she "moron".

It's not funny. It was discriminatory, I certainly haven't been "owned".

The gender of the person who made the joke has nothing to do with the fact that you got destroyed by their reply.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
You're so ignorant, it reminds of the time when my dad said one if his co-workers called his food disgusting.

Like honestly grow up.

Firstly it's daily mail...a very reliable source indeed.

Secondly, if it is true, which I doubt (if he cleaned himself with water why wouldn't he wash his hands? the whole story is clearly exaggerated) why would you pin that on other indian foods/ restaurants? As an Indian, with a mum who owns a very successful catering business she maintains complete hygiene and was awarded with a 5 star hygiene assessment award. It's even more important for restaurants to hold their hygiene standards up higher as they are prone to walk in inspections without a notice.

So you saying that is not only stupid, but actually rather insulting.

In my opinion Indian food is disgusting, hence why I don't eat it. Or is it racist now to have a preference in food? It is far too spicy for my tastebuds and I hate all the flavours in most of it.

What does the fact that it's reported by the Daily Mail have to do with anything? Just because a newspaper is politically right does it mean that everything it posts is rubbish? No. If a story was published by a newspaper that biased towards left wing politics would that invalidate everything it posts aswell?

Congratulations to your mother for upholding such a successful and hygienic catering business. However, as anyone even with a science GCSE knows, water alone does not kill bacteria and if he used his hands to wipe himself instead of toilet paper, the bacterial transfer onto his hands would be heightened. Why jump to the conclusion that he would have washed his hands? A lot of people don't.
Original post by Attempt
Usama b. Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on his way back from 'Arafat got down in one of these creeks (to answer the call of nature), and after he had done that I poured water (over his hands) and said: Are you going to pray? Thereupon he said: The place of prayer is ahead of you.

The above hadith mentions nothing related to Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) using his hands.

Does it surprise you that people hundreds of years ago didn't have access to Cushelle or Andrex triple-ply tissue so they used leaves and stones and whatever was around them?

Does it surprise you that people couldn't add antibacterial handwash to their water to wash their hands with?

Also, you assumed that the brown Indian guy is Muslim when India has a majority Hindu/Sikh population.
Reply 33
Trademark counters.

1. Call the newspaper "Unreliable"

2. Call the person reporting on the act "racist"

3. Report the thread to TSR.

Part 1 and 2 have already taken place in less than 20 minutes.
Daily Mail
Mark Glendenning, defending, said the milk bottle was never examined and the marks could have been spices.

lionel_hutz1.jpg
You shouldn't call food "disgusting", you clearly lack respect.

If you read the Daily mail and you believe everything it reports is bore line truthful, you need to start seeking out your news from somewhere else. A month ago the Daily Mail reported a woman who forgot to take her tampon out for 9 days, do you believe that was true? Do you really? They PAY for stories, most of them are BS or extremely exaggerated like this one. Also very biased, you should be bit more intuitive when reading your news.

Yes, congratulations to my mum. She runs a brilliant business.

Using water is cleaner in south-Asian cultures, it's considered disgusting to just use toilet paper, most people use both (I assume the man also used both). Just using tissue paper alone is actually very disgusting.

If he used a bottle to clean himself with water, why wouldn't he wash his hands? If he uses water once, it's only natural to open the tap again...
Original post by Attempt
Trademark counters.

Wouldn't be surprised if number 3 did take place soon.

Regardless of what MrsMarriedToAFictionalCharacter says; does she have any evidence to suggest that it didn't happen?
Reply 37
Original post by Butternuts96
The above hadith mentions nothing related to Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) using his hands.

Does it surprise you that people hundreds of years ago didn't have access to Cushelle or Andrex triple-ply tissue so they used leaves and stones and whatever was around them?

Does it surprise you that people couldn't add antibacterial handwash to their water to wash their hands with?

Also, you assumed that the brown Indian guy is Muslim when India has a majority Hindu/Sikh population.

You're doing the same thing because nowhere in that article was his nationality mentioned.

:facepalm:
Original post by Attempt
Trademark counters.

If you called the Daily mail a reliable source of news, I would laugh so hard I might even throw up my lungs.
Reply 39
lol are you 12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending