The Student Room Group

Curry house chef prepared food after wiping his bottom with his bare hands

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol when King Bradly calls you a racist , you know you have problems.

My prejudice at least can be backed up by statistics. I don't know if his can
I'd like to see these stats , i think its just a myth and uncommon.
I'd like to see these stats , i think its just a myth and uncommon.

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/333629/chinese-restaurants-score-worst-in-food-hygiene-scores-for-more-hospitality-stories-see-what-the-weekend-papers-say

Chinese were the worst offenders (I admit this has changed my view of them) at 55%
Kebab shops at 53%
Indian restaurants at 48%
Fish and Chip shops at 28%
Italian restaurants at 21%

I honestly never knew the Chinese were so bad aswell.
I cba to assess the validity of the source , but those percentages are quite high :L
I cba to assess the validity of the source , but those percentages are quite high :L

Well, unless you can find me a study that says this is wrong with a bigger sample size this is all we have to go on at the present time. I'll happily admit that I would love to see more studies done on this
Original post by spotify95
I was amazed at that myself - why on earth that was allowed to happen, I will never know...

My opinion on things: if you live in Britain and work in arestaurant in Britain, you should conform to British health and hygiene standards. It's alright if you don't want to use toilet paper in Asia (or whatever place that religion is kept to), but in Britain, you should do things how it is expected to be done in Britain.

It happened because the authorities can't monitor every single establishment every single minute... common sense dude.

Na you're alright, live and let be. If it doesn't harm anyone then it has nowt to do with you. It seems as if you don't realise that this story has nothing to do with the fact he doesn't use toilet paper. It was about where he was storing the cleaning equipment, in this case the bottle in the kitchen, storing a toilet roll that was in use would have had the same effect. It's probably not so uncommon, like a chef who uses a phone in the toilet and put it down in kitchen. The only thing that could possibly have made it worse is if there was a decent chance the bottle could be utilised in the food preparation.
Original post by RobML
I've got sensitive tastebuds =/= Indian cuisine is disgusting

If you dont like spicy stuff, we cant be friends :noway:
Reply 348
Original post by Espada Zero
in b4 "lol at these mulsims"

LOL
Original post by Attempt
You must be thick if you think that not washing your hands after defecating isn't backwards.

Who the hell does that though?
Original post by spotify95
I was amazed at that myself - why on earth that was allowed to happen, I will never know...

My opinion on things: if you live in Britain and work in arestaurant in Britain, you should conform to British health and hygiene standards. It's alright if you don't want to use toilet paper in Asia (or whatever place that religion is kept to), but in Britain, you should do things how it is expected to be done in Britain.

I agree with you but this has jack all to do with religion.
Original post by Attempt
"because he doesn't use toilet paper for 'cultural reasons"

I can't even believe I read that.

I know there's something like this in the Islamic Hadiths about not using toilet paper but Jesus Christ, this is disgusting.

Do you have a source for this?

What he does with his crap is up to him. But blimey, it doesn't mean that he a) doesn't maintain hygienic practice and b) doesn't wash his hands.
Must have bhuna a long day for him in court.

A real phaal from grace.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
You shouldn't call food "disgusting", you clearly lack respect.

If you read the Daily mail and you believe everything it reports is bore line truthful, you need to start seeking out your news from somewhere else. A month ago the Daily Mail reported a woman who forgot to take her tampon out for 9 days, do you believe that was true? Do you really? They PAY for stories, most of them are BS or extremely exaggerated like this one. Also very biased, you should be bit more intuitive when reading your news.

Yes, congratulations to my mum. She runs a brilliant business.

Using water is cleaner in south-Asian cultures, it's considered disgusting to just use toilet paper, most people use both (I assume the man also used both). Just using tissue paper alone is actually very disgusting.

If he used a bottle to clean himself with water, why wouldn't he wash his hands? If he uses water once, it's only natural to open the tap again...

As someone who read the Daily Mail for 10 years* I get really annoyed at reading utterly biased views on it on this forum.

I was going to let your criticism of it go however as I've come to realise that defending the DM is a complete waste of time and that even students or graduates are as biased as anyone else.

But then you mentioned a specific story.

So looked it up and while I'm not going to stick my neck out and say it's in fact true,what I can say is that if it's not true then it's not the Daily Mails fault!

Seeing as they have pictures and quotes of the young woman and even have a picture of her,apparently taken in hospital,with a bloated stomach.

Maidstone hospital it apparently was.

According to the DM she wanted to publicise this unfortunate episode as she wanted the effects and symptoms of toxic shock syndrome to become more widely known.

Which by the way is one of the things the DM does really well.

Informs people about various illnesses and tells them what they can do to recognise and/or prevent them.

As I say though,it could all be a hoax -or exaggerated as you say-but not perpetrated by the DM, and if it saves a life.....

One other thing ,the DM website is aimed at the type of person who watches 30 second adverts regularly just to watch a footballer score a goal or a celeb do something.

The newspaper itself is aimed primarily at intelligent,older middle class women.

*no I wasn't a typical DM reader.The main reason I read it was because I wasn't ready for 'broadsheets'and the DM was easily the best value for money with lots of articles about books and history.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
an asian guide to toilet paper

[video="youtube;meenVyNo2Uw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meenVyNo2Uw[/video]
Original post by Attempt
I Don't need religion or culture to teach me toilet Etiquette how to clean myself up.

I use something called common sense

So if its "common sense", why are you not using toilet paper to clean yourself instead of a shower...
Reply 356
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
So if its "common sense", why are you not using toilet paper to clean yourself instead of a shower...

I Use both toilet paper and water.
Reply 357
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
If you dont like spicy stuff, we cant be friends :noway:

I add hotsauce to pretty much everything
Original post by RobML
I add hotsauce to pretty much everything

So you like to make all your food taste the same, and yet felt entitled to be snobbish about other people's preferences earlier ITT :confused:

Original post by RobML
Anyway, I fail to see how one could genuinely find a whole subcontinent's cuisine "disgusting" unless they had the dietry finickiness of a toddler.

Original post by a noble chance
lionel_hutz1.jpg

:laugh:

What colour tie am I wearing, Mr Inspector?
Original post by moggis
As someone who read the Daily Mail for 10 years* I get really annoyed at reading utterly biased views on it on this forum.

I was going to let your criticism of it go however as I've come to realise that defending the DM is a complete waste of time and that even students or graduates are as biased as anyone else.

But then you mentioned a specific story.

So looked it up and while I'm not going to stick my neck out and say it's in fact true,what I can say is that if it's not true then it's not the Daily Mails fault!

Seeing as they have pictures and quotes of the young woman and even have a picture of her,apparently taken in hospital,with a bloated stomach.

Maidstone hospital it apparently was.

According to the DM she wanted to publicise this unfortunate episode as she wanted the effects and symptoms of toxic shock syndrome to become more widely known.

Which by the way is one of the things the DM does really well.

Informs people about various illnesses and tells them what they can do to recognise and/or prevent them.

As I say though,it could all be a hoax -or exaggerated as you say-but not perpetrated by the DM, and if it saves a life.....

One other thing ,the DM website is aimed at the type of person who watches 30 second adverts regularly just to watch a footballer score a goal or a celeb do something.

The newspaper itself is aimed primarily at intelligent,older middle class women.

*no I wasn't a typical DM reader.The main reason I read it was because I wasn't ready for 'broadsheets'and the DM was easily the best value for money with lots of articles about books and history.

Cheers

Lol mate you took all that time to write that but no is going to read all of that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending