The Student Room Group

How do you feel the next day after staying up all night?

Random question but I'm probably going to end up doing an all nighter and I've never done one before so I have no idea what I'm going to feel like tomorrow (well today really). Anyone who has ever done one before, how did you feel the next day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We shall find out tomorrow.

Probably like death tbh.

Edit: Although quite recently, all-nighters haven't really felt like all nighters at all. As in, I could actually get through the day! If it's your first one then you'll most likely collapse by the time you get to school and will need over 14hrs to recover. Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I use to feel awful, grumpy and zombified. My brain just cant process anything for next few days after staying awake all night. Unfortunately I'm on a night shift today, gonna be a horrible day tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing an all nighter tonight lel.
Have done before.
You won't feel good.
Idk if you're at Uni, if you are don't bother trying to stay awake, just go to sleep. If you're at school you're fukkd.
You can't function like you usually do.

Eyes will close randomly.

You won't understand what anyone is saying properly.

Tip is to drink lots of water. :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by somemightsay888
I'm doing an all nighter tonight lel.
Have done before.
You won't feel good.
Idk if you're at Uni, if you are don't bother trying to stay awake, just go to sleep. If you're at school you're fukkd.

I did two all nighter shifts at a local snacks factory back in January and I just wanted to weep by the time I returned home, but as soon as my body touched the bed, I felt numb all of a sudden and was promptly asleep for the rest of the day. :moon:

Damn, I hope I never have to do anything like that again. :no:
Delirious, hyper ,heavy eyes and cold but I can still work and function.

Why are you pulling an all nighter?
Reply 7
Original post by BBC Two
X

What possessed you during the registration process that you ended up naming yourself after a TV Channel?

:toofunny:
Reply 8
Original post by Anon_98
What possessed you during the registration process that you ended up naming yourself after a TV Channel?

:toofunny:

:dontknow:
Original post by luciie
Random question but I'm probably going to end up doing an all nighter and I've never done one before so I have no idea what I'm going to feel like tomorrow (well today really). Anyone who has ever done one before, how did you feel the next day?

If it's your first one you will feel like s***, trust me. If you do it a lot you get used to it so you can pull one without feeling too bad

Take some advice from a seasoned all nighter puller

-Drink a strong coffee in the morning
-Take a cold shower in the morning; this both keeps you awake and helps you psychologically.
-Drink plenty of water throughout the day
-Before you go to school or work or whatever make sure you eat a breakfast involving both simple and complex carbohydrates to keep your energy up. Protein is good too
-Tell yourself you will get through this no matter what
-Exercise (even just walking) helps keep you awake too

I hope this helps :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by xobeauty
Delirious, hyper ,heavy eyes and cold but I can still work and function.

Why are you pulling an all nighter?

I have too much stuff to do :banghead:
I normally get a period of about an hour where I'm on the verge of falling asleep, but then after that the day goes on as usual and I feel fine.
I felt dry :tongue: ! It's exhausting so I avoid it at all times and instead try to always regularly do my work! :blah:
Very worn out and anxious. I can feel every heartbeat or palpitation and it sets me off or I feel quite spacey, slow and detached. I also get a dodgy gut if I do an all nighter. When it comes to finally sleeping again that night, I usually find a weird burst of energy where I am too tired to stay awake but too awake to sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I normally get a period of about an hour where I'm on the verge of falling asleep, but then after that the day goes on as usual and I feel fine.

omg 100% thought you were explaining how when you don't sleep you get your period

:rofl2:
Totally monged out.
drink a shot of ginger chilli and apple juice, your throat cells will die but you'll be awake
Original post by undercxver
You can't function like you usually do.

Eyes will close randomly.

You won't understand what anyone is saying properly.

Tip is to drink lots of water. :redface:

and to keep moving so you don't accidentally fall asleep.
I don't feel too bad, I feel a lot better staying up all night than I do after having a couple of hours of sleep. I've suffered from insomnia for well over a decade now though and rely on coffee to function at the best of times.
You'll most likely feel like s***. Very slow at processing everything, take random 2 second naps, headaches, act a bit dopey.
You'll also end up crashing after a few hours, so i suggest you quickly run to you're bed when you've reached your limitbefore you literally drop dead on the floor from exhaustion.

Quick Reply

Latest