The Student Room Group

Youtuber Tobuscus accused of rape

The youtuber Tobuscus who boasts a subscriber amount of over 6 million has been accused, on Tumblr, of rape by the youtuber April Eff who dated him previously.

She makes a number of allegations in the heavily detailed post including him spiking her drink and being emotionally manipulative. There is no evidence for her claims however his proclivity for promiscuity as well as his drug problems has been corroborated by others who know him.

At this point, I am aware of two video responses by ex-girlfriends.
Amelia Talon (who has now removed the video) expressed how she felt compelled to take Ecstasy whilst dating him and have sex with him. In somewhat of a contrasting video, Jaceyln Glenn displayed some skepticism. She agreed that he struggled with his addiction and monogamy but said that while she sometimes did feel pressured, he never forced her against her will. She followed that he would actually felt turned off if he felt that what he was doing wasn't liked due to his narcissism.

I've pasted in the post below to allow TSR's swear filter to do the job as the original post has some expletives.

Trigger warning: The content in the Expand tag labelled "Tumblr post" is very graphic. Please don't read if rape or violence triggers you.

Tumblr Post

His Response Video

It's not been long but the story has been getting some traction on various parts of the web with it being reported by some website news outlets.

What are your thoughts? I don't have many myself except I don't think him being a bad boyfriend, having emotional issues and struggling with an addiction necessarily indicates that he's a rapist. I'm uncomfortable with his character being so publicly smeared and the public indignation of the many who automatically believe the accuser.

I'm curious to see how this will play out - whether he will sue for libel in civil court or whether she will attempt to bring rape charges against him.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Unless she actually presses charges then it is bull**** as far as I'm concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Something similar was done by Nicole Arbour or whatever the hell her name is against Mattew Santoro, all this crap is just mainly for talentless female youtubers to try and gain fame when showing off your tits in the case of Nicole arbour and cringeworthy gaming commentary in the case of April doesn't work or reel in the fans you thought you would get.
She should be pressing charges, not making YouTube videos about it. Otherwise it's hard to see it as true.
What youtubers would do for subs these days is incredible
Original post by Attempt
Something similar was done by Nicole Arbour or whatever the hell her name is against Mattew Santoro, all this crap is just mainly for talentless female youtubers to try and gain fame when showing off your tits in the case of Nicole arbour and cringeworthy gaming commentary in the case of April doesn't work or reel in the fans you thought you would get.

She accused Matthew Santoro? I didn't hear about that.
Original post by Lord Samosa
She should be pressing charges, not making YouTube videos about it. Otherwise it's hard to see it as true.

Yes, this should be handled through the correct outlets. Of course innocent until proven guilty and all that.

I don't call any accusations like this BS. They should be handled as accusations. Anyone who says it's BS is just assuming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Aaaah, I was about to make a thread about this - good job I searched it up first!
I'm watching various videos on it - so many exes have spoken out about it. :redface:
Melanie Murphy is one of them (just to add to your list).
Though feeling "compelled" to take ecstasy is surely your own decision? Isn't it a bit silly to blame Toby for a conscious decision you make? :dontknow:
I don't know who he is. :dontknow:
Unless proven that he's guilty or its obvious (which it isn't) I'm not assuming that its true. Fact she made a bloody long tumblr post first on it after 3 years and not press charges makes it sound total BS.
(edited 8 years ago)
I can't be the only one who saw 'accused on Tumblr of rape' and immediately thought it was bs.
Jaclyn Glenn's response to this is interesting: she does not deny that Toby has a history with substance abuse, but that he needs to be loved; rape just goes against that logic.
As an update April has released screenshots of a conversation from afterwards

image.jpeg
Attachment not found

On top of that a fellow youtuber has come out and said something similar happened to her as well

http://aprilefff.tumblr.com/post/142675308225/my-friend-kate-katers17
Original post by garfeeled

image.jpeg
Attachment not found

On top of that a fellow youtuber has come out and said something similar happened to her as well

I saw these! I'm still not sure what to think. D:
So torn about this…
It's nuts how many YouTubers are in situations like this these days.
For such a serious allegation, why hasn't she actually pressed charges? At the moment it just seems like an attempt at getting attention by defaming a well known Youtuber.
Damn dude... Lots of YouTube drama this year - tobuscus, Nicole arbour and Matthew santoro domestic abuse, gradeA and Tyrone, fine bros, H3H3 and Leafy, Idubbbz and jinx, vegan gains and everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

image.jpeg

Easily faked I'm afraid. They are friends and also the second account has just as much evidence as the original: 0.

Original post by Wilfred Little
I can't be the only one who saw 'accused on Tumblr of rape' and immediately thought it was bs.

I am skeptical. One thing to note - in her video, JC said that April Eff repeatedly tried to warn her when Tobuscus-Jacelyn were dating. I can reasonably believe that April did not have a good relationship with him.
(edited 8 years ago)

image.jpeg
Attachment not found

was he seriously just like "oh sorry for drugging you the other night lol xx"

that is an actual piece of evidence for a real thing that has happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending