The Student Room Group

He went for a not so pretty girl?

I was seeing this guy who asked me out on a date and we got along REALLY well, we would laugh all of the time and we just clicked. I was always very sweet to him and he said I was funny. But then he told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship and that he wasn't attracted to me, that he felt no romantic attraction towards me. I'm really not an arrogant person at all and I'm so sorry if it comes across that way, but people compliment me a lot everyday and I used to model.

So barely 2 weeks later he gets a new girlfriend, and I'm so sorry for what I'm about to say [I'm usually not mean like this :frown:] but she's not conventionally.... gorgeous. I know people are going to say 'well her personality is obviously better than yours she's probably nicer' but I am a nice person and I'm sure she is too.

It's just the reason why I'm hurt is because he gave his reason for not wanting a relationship with me as not being attracted to me but literally everyone says that I'm far prettier than her.

So why did he lie about not wanting a relationship? And if looks were so important to him, why did he choose a girl that is not that pretty? I know 'beauty's in the eye of the beholder' but honestly this is on a conventional basis.

I really really apologise if I came across as horrible, vain or mean in this and I'm sorry for being nasty. I'm usually not like this :frown: Please forgive me x

Scroll to see replies

Maybe he was intimidated by how pretty you were. :s-smilie:
lol
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you may not see her as preety but he sees her as preety.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I was seeing this guy who asked me out on a date and we got along REALLY well, we would laugh all of the time and we just clicked. I was always very sweet to him and he said I was funny. But then he told me that he wasn't looking for a relationship and that he wasn't attracted to me, that he felt no romantic attraction towards me. I'm really not an arrogant person at all and I'm so sorry if it comes across that way, but people compliment me a lot everyday and I used to model.

So barely 2 weeks later he gets a new girlfriend, and I'm so sorry for what I'm about to say [I'm usually not mean like this :frown:] but she's not conventionally.... gorgeous. I know people are going to say 'well her personality is obviously better than yours she's probably nicer' but I am a nice person and I'm sure she is too.

It's just the reason why I'm hurt is because he gave his reason for not wanting a relationship with me as not being attracted to me but literally everyone says that I'm far prettier than her.

So why did he lie about not wanting a relationship? And if looks were so important to him, why did he choose a girl that is not that pretty? I know 'beauty's in the eye of the beholder' but honestly this is on a conventional basis.

I really really apologise if I came across as horrible, vain or mean in this and I'm sorry for being nasty. I'm usually not like this :frown: Please forgive me x

This is absolutely true.

I see 'average' women in the street that I find more attractive than a few well known models.

He wasn't attracted to you. Move on. :wink:
Mmm yeahhh because looks are the only factor in attraction aren't they?
lmfao I always have these weird pangs of jealousy for girls who are less pretty than me, but do better.

It's annoying but natural, and like others say/will say , it's in the eye of the beholder.

The guy just has his tastes, i.e. once I chose between two guys who I'd been flirty with, and I went for the bloke who was less conventionally attractive than the other. The other was, very very good looking, but my preferences favour larger guys over skinny guys, and the

well

you get the picture
don't worry about it, find someone hotter xx
attraction is held in the way you move, the way you talk, your existing energy etc not just "how you look", pretty face is something to look at and admire, attraction happens with looks and also a vibe the person gives off.
Reply 8
Original post by stefano865
This is absolutely true.

I see 'average' women in the street that I find more attractive than a few well known models.

He wasn't attracted to you. Move on. :wink:

my friends give me lots of **** on finding 'average' woman more attractive than conventionally 'hot' women

ygmmmmmmm
Reply 9
there isn't a lot of logic in your thinking
Personality > Looks in a relationship babes.

You know that's how it is.

Of course it might just be that your personalities clash too much with his - he might be a people pleaser and pretended to be loving his every moment with you when really he doesn't but of course he'd never tell you such as a typical people pleaser.

And his personality just seems to correlate better with the other lady's.
He could have been insecure which means he could have thought you were above his league so you were prettier than him. I would do the same thing because it's not nice being in a relationship which you think you're not supposed to be in.
There's more to personality than just being a nice person, maybe he felt like you just didn't have chemistry. He was probably trying to protect your feelings by saying that he wasn't looking for a relationship.

Maybe they had been talking before you two met. At the end of the day, does it really matter that much? If he's not interested in pursuing a relationship with you then clearly he isn't right for you, don't waste your time thinking about it.
Reply 13
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, you may not see her as preety but he sees her as preety.

PRSOM :/
Reply 14
Dating attraction is an intangible mix of personality and looks and people have different preferences and moods. Even very physically attractive girls get blown out at times and dumped. In truth he was quite straight with you. Just take it on the chin and start looking for Plan B.
Original post by zanner
my friends give me lots of **** on finding 'average' woman more attractive than conventionally 'hot' women

ygmmmmmmm

Yeah I get you.

Preferences are intensely personal.

:wink:
Original post by alkaline.
attraction is held in the way you move, the way you talk, your existing energy etc not just "how you look", pretty face is something to look at and admire, attraction happens with looks and also a vibe the person gives off.

:top:
Original post by alkaline.

This completely...

OP you way see that girl as less attractive than you but he may find her more attractive...people like different things...

Look he had to say something to break it off? So he said that. This other girl isn't pretty but it's his choice to why he preferred her over you. More in common etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol you're not being vain but get over him he sounds like a right knob

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending