The Student Room Group

engaged to my friends girlfriend, am I the *******?

When I was 22, My friend Ryan and I went out to a club, We met two girls, Jaz and Mai, Ryan and Jaz hit it off, and made out, While me and Mai, engaged in deep conversations, Shes funny, intelligent, and she has passions for decor and craft. but in the end, Ryan went off with Mai, And Jaz and I stayed together. After this, the four of us go out together, And Ryan starts dating Mai. She‘s a sweet girl, shes kind, beautiful, and calm, she‘s pretty introverted too, so I was suprised when she started dating my loud, outgoing party boy mate Ryan. Jaz convinces me to go out with her after her relentlessly going on about it, And I finally gave in, to give it a go.

We continue going out all together and dating, About two years down the line, Ryan confesses to me he went out one night and slept with a girl, Obviously I was shocked and annoyed he would throw out a two year relationship with Mai, just for a girl who he met that night, So I had told Ryan I could no longer be his friend because of his dishonesty and disloyalty, (if he cant be loyal to his girlfriend, how can he be loyal to me as a friend?) So I get home, and Jaz is home, upset, and just sitting silently on the sofa, And she confesses she had sex with Ryan a couple nights ago, and they werent drunk, Apparently the two had been hooking up ever since the party where we all met. And she was upset because I had found out about it, I quickly broke up with Jaz and phoned Mai.

We met up and I told her everything that had happened, she was devastated. She was so upset and angry. I felt so hurt seeing her cry, So I hugged her and it felt like all the problems disappeared. During the next year, I asked Mai out, while we were together I felt something I had never felt before, and After a year of dating, I proposed to her, and she said yes.

I felt like I had finally found my person, We both agreed not to tell Ryan or Jaz as we had been dating quietly, Since we were all flatmates. But recently, Ryan found out, and ever since he has been guilt tripping me, and telling me I violated „bro code“, and saying that he is STILL dating Mai, and that she cheated on him with me. This is not true at all, I love Mai with all my heart but I am afraid this argument between Ryan and Her might cause her emotional damage, Since she usually breaks down easily after confrontation. Ryan has been trying to manipulate her by saying he is the only man for her, And making up lies about me, saying I am still with Jaz (Mai knows this is not true)

We are moving out soon, We got our own apartment together, But I am afraid they wont leave us alone.

Am I the problem here?
You're grand lad don't worry about it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
When I was 22, My friend Ryan and I went out to a club, We met two girls, Jaz and Mai, Ryan and Jaz hit it off, and made out, While me and Mai, engaged in deep conversations, Shes funny, intelligent, and she has passions for decor and craft. but in the end, Ryan went off with Mai, And Jaz and I stayed together. After this, the four of us go out together, And Ryan starts dating Mai. She‘s a sweet girl, shes kind, beautiful, and calm, she‘s pretty introverted too, so I was suprised when she started dating my loud, outgoing party boy mate Ryan. Jaz convinces me to go out with her after her relentlessly going on about it, And I finally gave in, to give it a go.
We continue going out all together and dating, About two years down the line, Ryan confesses to me he went out one night and slept with a girl, Obviously I was shocked and annoyed he would throw out a two year relationship with Mai, just for a girl who he met that night, So I had told Ryan I could no longer be his friend because of his dishonesty and disloyalty, (if he cant be loyal to his girlfriend, how can he be loyal to me as a friend?) So I get home, and Jaz is home, upset, and just sitting silently on the sofa, And she confesses she had sex with Ryan a couple nights ago, and they werent drunk, Apparently the two had been hooking up ever since the party where we all met. And she was upset because I had found out about it, I quickly broke up with Jaz and phoned Mai.
We met up and I told her everything that had happened, she was devastated. She was so upset and angry. I felt so hurt seeing her cry, So I hugged her and it felt like all the problems disappeared. During the next year, I asked Mai out, while we were together I felt something I had never felt before, and After a year of dating, I proposed to her, and she said yes.
I felt like I had finally found my person, We both agreed not to tell Ryan or Jaz as we had been dating quietly, Since we were all flatmates. But recently, Ryan found out, and ever since he has been guilt tripping me, and telling me I violated „bro code“, and saying that he is STILL dating Mai, and that she cheated on him with me. This is not true at all, I love Mai with all my heart but I am afraid this argument between Ryan and Her might cause her emotional damage, Since she usually breaks down easily after confrontation. Ryan has been trying to manipulate her by saying he is the only man for her, And making up lies about me, saying I am still with Jaz (Mai knows this is not true)
We are moving out soon, We got our own apartment together, But I am afraid they wont leave us alone.
Am I the problem here?

You did the right thing here. Ryan is abusive. I hope you enjoy your new apartment and have a happy married life!
Reply 3
No, it's fine, you have a future with your girl, just like girls bros come & go don't worry about him. 👍
Original post by Anonymous #1
Am I the problem here?

sounds really messy but both of your exes messed up in the first place, you're all good and you two in a way it seems in a good way too, always deserved each other. I'm assuming when you and Mai met for that very first time that something was there between you two, i'm glad you now have the girl you wanted :smile: move out, live and keep lovin dude :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending