The Student Room Group

Me and a guy like each other, but my friend likes him too

There is a guy who my friend slept with about 2/3 months ago, and I thinkthey liked each other at the time but nothing has ever come of it, and theyhave just been friends; he's said he only sees her as a friend etc. But I thinkshe's had feelings for him since..

Anyway, I've met him about 3 times now, and the very first time it was in aclub, and he was quite tactile with me, but I thought he was just drunk anddidn't take it seriously.

The second time I saw him he was a bit on edge and nervous with me... I sawhim again yesterday and we got on well, and he made it very very clear that heliked me; he was dancing with me all the time, giving me lots of hugs, tryingto take my hand etc. and then kissed my neck at one point and said I was'perfect'.

he took me aside and told me he liked me.. but I told him that because ofthe history with him and my friend, it couldn't happen, she had been upsettonight, etc. and he said he understood.

We ended up talking later again in the night and he started saying that heliked me and wanted me to be his girlfriend, he's liked me since the first timehe saw me. etc. And we ended up kissing.. and he stayed over at my friend's andwe didn't have sex, but we ended up sleeping in each others' arms.. and I feelterrible now.

I do like him too, but I feel like I cannot go there because of my friend.She was really upset when she found out he liked me.

She's not one of my best friends, she's a close friend of my best friend,but I admit we've become friendlier. What would you do in this situation?

He says he understands, but has asked me to consider. He's offered to have aword with her, but thinks that me and him should have the right to be togetherif we want to be; him and her are just friends, I shouldn't have to worry aboutthat ,etc.

What do people think? I just feel like I need to put her feelings first... thanksin advance.
Reply 1
bump
Just go for it. If he doesn't like her then what is your friend expecting to come out of her pining after him?

She needs to get over him and move on and this is the perfect thing to encourage her.
Reply 3
Original post by Moonstruck16
Just go for it. If he doesn't like her then what is your friend expecting to come out of her pining after him?

She needs to get over him and move on and this is the perfect thing to encourage her.

Well they slept together about 2/3 months ago and I think she was expecting more to come from it, but neither party really did anything about it, and they've just ended up as friends, as far as I can see.

However, he's said that she's just a friend and that's all he sees her as..

Are you sure I wouldn't be a bad friend if I did that? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Well they slept together about 2/3 months ago and I think she was expecting more to come from it, but neither party really did anything about it, and they've just ended up as friends, as far as I can see.

However, he's said that she's just a friend and that's all he sees her as..

Are you sure I wouldn't be a bad friend if I did that? Thanks

Why would you be a bad friend? If she really wanted him she probably should have done something when she had the chance.

She's a bad friend if she lets her feeling for him (and his non-existent feelings for her) get between you two, especially considering she has no claim to him.
Reply 5
First come first served.
Otherwise none of you.
Reply 6
I personally wouldn't go for a guy that my friend had slept with, especially if she still liked him.
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies! She messaged me before asking if he came onto me when we got back home..
I told her nothing happened, and I'm not planning to tell her or anyone anything about that. I still feel pretty rotten, and I know it must be difficult for her.. since we've got mutual friends ,I don't want to fall out over it...
Reply 8
My friend messaged me before saying that if we liked each other, then we should honestly go for it; she's far from being in love with him, etc.
But I'm now thinking, we've only really met 3 times ,is that enough time to decide that you want a relationship with someone?
Reply 9
Always put your friends first no matter how you feel, because at the end of the day, when you eventually break up and feel heart broken... who is going to be there for you? Your friends!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stk1010
Always put your friends first no matter how you feel, because at the end of the day, when you eventually break up and feel heart broken... who is going to be there for you? Your friends!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, give up on love because your mate can't handle rejection :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending