The Student Room Group

how is your attendance in 6th form?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninjasayshi
Mines pushing 93% since it’snot 95% I get a lot of hassle for it.

hassle? in what way? if its from teachers I feel your pain.
98%. All of those are going to uni days. Recently had an unrecorded day (for some reason) where I went to hospital but they said I was in.
I missed two half lessons of physics and half a lesson of further maths in year 12.

Four whole days, plus a biology lesson and half a chemistry lesson in year 13.
Original post by bizzy_penguin
hassle? in what way? if its from teachers I feel your pain.

yeah from the teachers they believe for me to achieve my grades i have to be in school 100% or I can not get them even though I only need a BCD or an EE
My attendance is around 89%-92%. Somewhere around that.
This term has been my first term so far where I haven't missed a day.... Until I fell ill today, when I had a mock exam (UGH). I got sent home period 1 which is absolutely annoying as I was looking forward for the mock exam.

The school act like they care about attendance, but they've never followed me up about it so I assume they let me slide a bit due to health problems this year.

As for taking days off to revise? I think my parents would notice... That wouldn't go down too well :/
Original post by yoda123
It's like 80 something. I haven't attended the last 3 days lol. It's pointless now that we've finished the course and I work better at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tut tut :naughty:
My sixthform is so extra when it comes to attendance :frown: esp now, if you miss a lesson they send a text message to your parents after the register has been done and they have noticed you're not in. It's especially annoying for some subjects like English, we've finished the syllabus and now we're revising but I prefer to revise independently.
So far for the first year its 100% but i know in the second year ill have to go to uni open days, which isnt good because if i miss ajy lessons i fear itll severely compromise my chances of a good grade. But yeh, i get study leave, but because my chemistry class are so far behind we are having to spend most of it back at school learning the course
Reply 28
Mine was like 40% :cry:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
I've got 97% i think whereas one of my friends idk how much he has, but he gets 'ill' whenever a test comes so he stays home......

Apart from 0.37% we have the same attendance :biggrin:
Original post by Toasticide
So far for the first year its 100% but i know in the second year ill have to go to uni open days, which isnt good because if i miss ajy lessons i fear itll severely compromise my chances of a good grade. But yeh, i get study leave, but because my chemistry class are so far behind we are having to spend most of it back at school learning the course

At my school, university open days are encouraged and we get authorised absence. I would recommend visiting universities this year as in the second year, i.e September, it will become harder and you'd rather visit them before everyone else.
Like 80% we've learnt all the content at school so why should I go lol, plus I work better at home
Original post by preetg97
Tut tut :naughty:

what can I say, I'm a rebel :cool:
Original post by Zuki
Mine was like 40% :cry:

:colondollar: Mine isn't 40%...but...probably not far from it :laugh:

Jks, probably 80% or something :redface: maybe less...

Original post by yoda123
what can I say, I'm a rebel :cool:

:evil: Same.

But I do learn better at home and the course has finished soo.....:colondollar:
Reply 34
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:colondollar: Mine isn't 40%...but...probably not far from it :laugh:

Jks, probably 80% or something :redface: maybe less...

:evil: Same.

But I do learn better at home and the course has finished soo.....:colondollar:

That was my excuse too :rofl:
Original post by Zuki
That was my excuse too :rofl:

:redface: :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by bizzy_penguin
how is your attendance going?
are you going to be `ill` to stay off to revise?
do you get study leave? :smile:

I have 100% attendance in 3 lessons since September 2015 and 99% attendance in one, ive missed half a lesson since starting college
My school is very concerned about attendance, even for sixth formers, so my attendance is 100%. Each half term they provide a list of your attendance for each day, and if there are any times you are absent - even an afternoon - they'll chase you up on it.

I could pretend to be ill, and I know some people who have gotten away with that, but my parents wouldn't like it, and it'd be a massive pain to catch up on all the work I'd missed. I'd have to find all the teachers, get the lesson work and homework, and complete it ASAP. So if I missed a day, I wouldn't actually be missing any work.

Thankfully I do get study leave as an A2 student, though it doesn't start until 28th May. As most people have at least one AS resit exam, generally before study leave, I'd prefer it to start early/mid-May.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
My sixthform is so extra when it comes to attendance :frown: esp now, if you miss a lesson they send a text message to your parents after the register has been done and they have noticed you're not in. It's especially annoying for some subjects like English, we've finished the syllabus and now we're revising but I prefer to revise independently.

harsh... though our school did that in lower school... though my parents got a phone call from my form tutor why i was missing morning registration... like i even care about that haha... pretty much everyone was marked absent at one point b/c we use like a card scanning system but it wasn't working - it got scrapped when everybody got locked out of the building on a rainy monday morning...

Quick Reply

Latest