The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Yes of course but I was suggesting that women have have the same fears yet we expect men to do all the courting, it's unfair really.

Oh. In that case, I agree with you 100% :smile:

Have you/ would you ever ask a guy out personally?
You're right! I'm going to ask one out right now!
Never have, in the distant future yes I would. But admittedly I'd have to have spoken to him before hand, I don't think I'm confident (or ever will be) enough to just walk into a bar and ask somebody :redface:

I definitely would after exchanging conversation and getting comfortable.
Original post by TercioOfParma
No, I am talking about men becoming feminised as you were saying that men have become wimps.

I think girls should hold back a little because these guys are forgetting. They think dating and having a gf has no responsibilities too.
Original post by xobeauty
I think girls should hold back a little because these guys are forgetting. They think dating and having a gf has no responsibilities too.

I am not sure that the way women are acting is necessarily the problem, though. If anything, women should be more transparent.
I am not sure that the way women are acting is necessarily the problem, though. If anything, women should be more transparent.

How so?
Sorry, that's biology, and no rant will change that.

That's what they said about
Original post by Erebor
the wife should cook, clean and obey her husband
not so long ago.
I wouldn't stretch so far as "extremely unattractive"; as you point out, it seems like most women wait for guys to ask them out, and since you can only compare the attractiveness of girls to the attractiveness of other girls, they can't all be extremely unattractive.
personally, in my life; i have witnessed with my own eyes and lost count of the amount of times i've seen women (teachers, colleagues, friends, cousins, e.t.c) do one of the following either to me or my friends or hell a random stranger:
a) laugh at a guy for saying hi (to his face, to her friends; before he does so, during the activity and sometimes after he's 'out-of-earshot'. some even do so when they know he's within earshot)
b) laugh at a guy for attempting to hold conversation (with the same situations as above)
c) laugh, mock, point, belittle and humiliate a guy for merely sitting next to them (on this one though, the guy in question mocked her entire lineage. so it sort of makes up for it :smile:
d) mock a guy for hinting along the lines of going for a drink (with the same situations as 'a')
e) get her friends to laugh at the guy for: saying hi, talking to, asking out, standing near or generally indirectly asking the girl out or any of her friends.

so. with all the above being done daily at some point in a guys' life; either to him or his friends or heck his witnessing a random stranger do it; it stands to reason that most guys aren't going to be as confident. in turn it makes me wonder how we (humanity) as a species, managed to reproduce & get to this point in history tbh
Reply 29
Original post by theDanIdentity
personally, in my life; i have witnessed with my own eyes and lost count of the amount of times i've seen women (teachers, colleagues, friends, cousins, e.t.c) do one of the following either to me or my friends or hell a random stranger:
a) laugh at a guy for saying hi (to his face, to her friends; before he does so, during the activity and sometimes after he's 'out-of-earshot'. some even do so when they know he's within earshot)
b) laugh at a guy for attempting to hold conversation (with the same situations as above)
c) laugh, mock, point, belittle and humiliate a guy for merely sitting next to them (on this one though, the guy in question mocked her entire lineage. so it sort of makes up for it :smile:
d) mock a guy for hinting along the lines of going for a drink (with the same situations as 'a')
e) get her friends to laugh at the guy for: saying hi, talking to, asking out, standing near or generally indirectly asking the girl out or any of her friends.

so. with all the above being done daily at some point in a guys' life; either to him or his friends or heck his witnessing a random stranger do it; it stands to reason that most guys aren't going to be as confident. in turn it makes me wonder how we (humanity) as a species, managed to reproduce & get to this point in history tbh

Well said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rock Fan
I think things would be easier if both sides stopped playing games.

now here's^ something we can all agree with

but honestly, I don't really think it matters who is given what role in this culture, but if you're given the "asker" role, it is less stressful because asking isn't this massive deal if *you* do it, so why not? maybe that's just my opinion though - I'm going to ask someone out soon and if they hasn't indicated interest already then they're not worth it in the first place
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by Erebor
I mean it's 2016. And everywhere you look women are shouting from the rooftops about how much they want equality. But it seems that when it comes to some things they aren't in any hurry to receive it. The usual excuses are :

''men don't want to be asked out, it emasculates them'' - nonsense, most men would be thrilled to have a girl ask them out, you have no idea how many of them almost have a seizure when a girl looks at them for more than 2 sec

''I'm too shy'' - so are most men, especially in today's West where they've been raised in feminized society and they're labeled as rapists and creeps simply for looking in the general direction of a woman, if anything it's even more stressful for them since their chances of rejection are higher

''I asked a guy and he said no, it was humiliating, not doing it again'' - well, guess what, guys have done that too (again and again and again) and in women's case it's mostly because they ask out guys who are ''top of the food chain'' so of course you'll be far more likely to get rejected ( older women do the same thing in online dating, they ask the few good looking doctors, lawyers etc on there then moan about how they got rejected and ragequit)

''I'm traditional that way'' : how convenient to pick your ''traditions'', do you also speak only when spoken to by a man? Do you believe the wife should cook, clean and obey her husband?

Again, it's 2016, not 1956. So embrace equality in all its forms, not just the juicy bits.

LoL
Wouldn't call it inattractive. But, yeah. Things would be so much easier if girls took initiative every now and then.
Original post by Erebor
I mean it's 2016. And everywhere you look women are shouting from the rooftops about how much they want equality. But it seems that when it comes to some things they aren't in any hurry to receive it. The usual excuses are :

''men don't want to be asked out, it emasculates them'' - nonsense, most men would be thrilled to have a girl ask them out, you have no idea how many of them almost have a seizure when a girl looks at them for more than 2 sec

''I'm too shy'' - so are most men, especially in today's West where they've been raised in feminized society and they're labeled as rapists and creeps simply for looking in the general direction of a woman, if anything it's even more stressful for them since their chances of rejection are higher

''I asked a guy and he said no, it was humiliating, not doing it again'' - well, guess what, guys have done that too (again and again and again) and in women's case it's mostly because they ask out guys who are ''top of the food chain'' so of course you'll be far more likely to get rejected ( older women do the same thing in online dating, they ask the few good looking doctors, lawyers etc on there then moan about how they got rejected and ragequit)

''I'm traditional that way'' : how convenient to pick your ''traditions'', do you also speak only when spoken to by a man? Do you believe the wife should cook, clean and obey her husband?

Again, it's 2016, not 1956. So embrace equality in all its forms, not just the juicy bits.

Sounds like someone had a rough nite out
LOL at all the feminazis defending womens rights in this thread xD
Reply 35
This is an absurd equality argument. Why put yourself on the line when convention allows you just to make it blatantly up you it and allow someone else to pluck up the courage. More seriously, I imagine this convention has downsides, girls do ask guys out and the unattractive contention in your post is nonsense.
Title doesn't make sense.

So if a girl doesn't ask someone out she's unattractive and when she does she is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is better, I hope that is a coffee though. :colondollar:

Tea.

But will make an exception for you. :wink:

How do you like your coffee?
Original post by stefano865
Tea.

But will make an exception for you. :wink:

How do you like your coffee?

Well aren't you kind :colondollar:

If we're going to be specific I like the milk to be warmed, my coffee to be whipped with sugar and some water at the bottom of the cup, then I like the hot milk to be poured over the whipped mixture. :colone:
Well aren't you kind :colondollar:

If we're going to be specific I like the milk to be warmed, my coffee to be whipped with sugar and some water at the bottom of the cup, then I like the hot milk to be poured over the whipped mixture. :colone:

So a Latte type thing then.

Nice. :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending