The Student Room Group

Clearing

Hi, I'm going to put NTU as my firm choice the grades I need in order to to be accepted are BBC, what happens if i don't get those grades? will i be allowed to come in through clearing? if i make it through clearing will i get the accommodation I put down when I chose it as my firm as surely there would be a space allocated to me beforehand?
Original post by DRP1
Hi, I'm going to put NTU as my firm choice the grades I need in order to to be accepted are BBC, what happens if i don't get those grades? will i be allowed to come in through clearing? if i make it through clearing will i get the accommodation I put down when I chose it as my firm as surely there would be a space allocated to me beforehand?

Hi DRP1,

If you unfortunately don't receive the grades needed to fulfil your offer and you don't get a place at NTU (which I hope doesn't happen!) you can make the decision to go into clearing instead of accepting the offer made to you by your insurance choice if you really want to come to NTU.

However, I would recommend contacting our clearing phone number first, to see if there is any chance of you getting a place, and if not what alternative courses would be available to you. As unfortunately there may be no courses that you are interested in that we can offer to you, and you may then want to accept your insurance offer.

Also if you don't get a place at NTU, your accommodation booking will be cancelled, and you would have to reapply for accommodation.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by DRP1

If you are not accepted by NTU in the first place, you will not be accepted by them through Clearing either. Universities have your results nearly a week before you get them, and they will consider all those who missed the grades during that time. If it says 'Unsuccessful' on Track on results day, it's game over and you will either be going to your insurance, if you made the grades for that, or you will be in clearing to look for places at other universities. NTU will have considered giving you the benefit of any possible doubt, so if they say no at the results stage, they mean it.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you are not accepted by NTU in the first place, you will not be accepted by them through Clearing either. Universities have your results nearly a week before you get them, and they will consider all those who missed the grades during that time. If it says 'Unsuccessful' on Track on results day, it's game over and you will either be going to your insurance, if you made the grades for that, or you will be in clearing to look for places at other universities. NTU will have considered giving you the benefit of any possible doubt, so if they say no at the results stage, they mean it.

On this occasion, but quite surprisingly, your advice differs from the Word of God.

If Trent want him to phone the clearing line, then phone the clearing line, he should do.
Original post by nulli tertius
On this occasion, but quite surprisingly, your advice differs from the Word of God.

If Trent want him to phone the clearing line, then phone the clearing line, he should do.

So I see. It will only be the cost of a phone call to see which one is right.
Original post by nulli tertius

Presumably that's only because NTU want the opportunity to offer him a different course.

[Is NTU really suggesting they want every reject to phone and beg their case? Heaven help their call centre on Results Day if they are giving out this sort of advice.]
Original post by returnmigrant
Presumably that's only because NTU want the opportunity to offer him a different course.

[Is NTU really suggesting they want every reject to phone and beg their case? Heaven help their call centre on Results Day if they are giving out this sort of advice.]

I, too, am a little sceptical of the advice given in that post, for the reasons you have said. Its meaning is a little unclear.
Original post by returnmigrant

I think that's right, but I do not know what their policy is on offering substitute courses unbidden. UCAS offers the facility of a changed course offer. It doesn't mean Trent takes advantage of it. I also do not know the extent to which Trent offers Ham and Eggs, Ham with Eggs, Eggs with Ham & Eggs and Bacon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending