The Student Room Group

Psychology - stress - ?!

Ok i've been asked to outline and evaluate:
Three models of stress..
and
Three methods used to measure stress and stressors..

I know its not as hard as i'm making out, but..I can't get by head around the difference!!! Its asking me to talk about studies to do with stress, how do i know whether its models or methods?!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Hi, I'm not quite sure what you mean by models? Do you mean like workplace stress, life changes, daily hassles and those things? Maybe it's just my school but I've never heard them referred to as models :h:

As for methods to measure stress, you have things like Karaseks model of workplace stress (high demand+ low control= high-stress job), The HSUP (daily hassles scale by Lazarus) and the social readjustment rating scale by Rahe (SRRS). I'm not sure if that's what you mean by your question on measuring stress, but if those are any good and you need any help going over them I'd be quite happy to explain it to you- its good revision for me too :redface:

There are studies related to all of these methods to measure stress, life change unit study for SRRS and there's a civil servant/ cardiac disorder study for workplace stress- if you need that I can send you some notes on it (not sure if it's relevant for you as a lot of schools use different studies)
Sorry if this isn't like specific to what you're studying, I'm doing AQA A and I'm not sure what board you have :smile:
Original post by cmr98
Hi, I'm not quite sure what you mean by models? Do you mean like workplace stress, life changes, daily hassles and those things? Maybe it's just my school but I've never heard them referred to as models :h:

As for methods to measure stress, you have things like Karaseks model of workplace stress (high demand+ low control= high-stress job), The HSUP (daily hassles scale by Lazarus) and the social readjustment rating scale by Rahe (SRRS). I'm not sure if that's what you mean by your question on measuring stress, but if those are any good and you need any help going over them I'd be quite happy to explain it to you- its good revision for me too :redface:

There are studies related to all of these methods to measure stress, life change unit study for SRRS and there's a civil servant/ cardiac disorder study for workplace stress- if you need that I can send you some notes on it (not sure if it's relevant for you as a lot of schools use different studies)
Sorry if this isn't like specific to what you're studying, I'm doing AQA A and I'm not sure what board you have :smile:

Hey, thank you so much for replying! Yeah I mean workplace stress, life changes etc..things like that, I think they're sometimes referred to as theories..not sure! I was thinking possibly the General Adaptation Syndrome by Selye..But I'm confused about what others there would be as a kind of theory/model?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending