The Student Room Group

Help! I want to change my course and university but have firmed another course!!!!!!!

Hi guys, I am in quite a sticky situation at the moment- I applied for UCAS to study Psychology C800 at Surrey university and Southampton and have received the offers already and firmed and insurance respectively. But having considered my life and spoken to my family, I decided that I want to change my course to do Accounting and Finance at London School of Economics

Here are the reasons:

1) I took psychology because my older sister took it so, it is sort of a safe course because She is being quite successful in the field

2) I was enjoying it at AS very, very much and thought, yep, this is me, this is what I want to do, but in reality, I think that my choice was glazed by the wonderful Psych teachers I have- so I carried these positive feelings about the course forward into applying to study it as a degree, but I just don't feel the same vibe anymore...

3) It was a popular course and there's many fields you can pursue

BUT NOW, I WANT TO CHANGE COURSES!

1) Because, I am very dynamic individual, I like action, not so much being stuck with patients.

2) the idea of enjoy the city and vibrant life and working in successful companies (if everything works my way) appeals to me

3) I was going to live at the university but, there are family problems- not emotional or anything like that, its just that it wouldn't help my family- my mum wouldn't be living alone and if I were to move outside London, there would be complications with the house so my mum would most likely have to move herself into a new apartment.

So, Guys, HELP I don't know what to do....

I was thinking of waiting until clearing but... no. I want to take action now, before things complicate themselves even more.

I'm about to melt...

HELP.
Original post by FloralEssence
Hi guys, I am in quite a sticky situation at the moment- I applied for UCAS to study Psychology C800 at Surrey university and Southampton and have received the offers already and firmed and insurance respectively. But having considered my life and spoken to my family, I decided that I want to change my course to do Accounting and Finance at London School of Economics

Here are the reasons:

1) I took psychology because my older sister took it so, it is sort of a safe course because She is being quite successful in the field

2) I was enjoying it at AS very, very much and thought, yep, this is me, this is what I want to do, but in reality, I think that my choice was glazed by the wonderful Psych teachers I have- so I carried these positive feelings about the course forward into applying to study it as a degree, but I just don't feel the same vibe anymore...

1) Because, I am very dynamic individual, I like action, not so much being stuck with patients.

2) the idea of enjoy the city and vibrant life and working in successful companies (if everything works my way) appeals to me

3) I was going to live at the university but, there are family problems- not emotional or anything like that, its just that it wouldn't help my family- my mum wouldn't be living alone and if I were to move outside London, there would be complications with the house so my mum would most likely have to move herself into a new apartment.

I was thinking of waiting until clearing but... no. I want to take action now, before things complicate themselves even more.

I'm about to melt...

HELP.

You can get put into extra now if you dont want to wait until clearing, but do you know for sure which course you want to do?
Original post by claireestelle
You can get put into extra now if you dont want to wait until clearing, but do you know for sure which course you want to do?

Thanks for the reply, Claire.

Yes, I was considering accounting and Finance at London School of Economics, it would be good because I could just stay in London as well... and not spend money commuting, or the like. :P

Here are the reasons:

I'm about to melt...

HELP.

LSE don't take applications through extra or clearing. If you are set on LSE for A&F then you will have to take a gap year and reapply for 2017 entry.

If you'd consider other London universities offering A&F then you should contact them directly to ask about the possibility of places available in Clearing (practically it's too late to be starting with extra in your situation where you have a lot of preparation to do before applying - especially when you should be focussing your efforts on your exams.).
Thanks for the reply, Claire.

Yes, I was considering accounting and Finance at London School of Economics, it would be good because I could just stay in London as well... and not spend money commuting, or the like. :P

LSE doesnt go into clearing or extra so a gap year is pretty much your only option in that situation really.
Original post by PQ
LSE don't take applications through extra or clearing. If you are set on LSE for A&F then you will have to take a gap year and reapply for 2017 entry.

If you'd consider other London universities offering A&F then you should contact them directly to ask about the possibility of places available in Clearing (practically it's too late to be starting with extra in your situation where you have a lot of preparation to do before applying - especially when you should be focussing your efforts on your exams.).

Oh my goodness... are you kidding ''/ *sighs*

No, I don't think that I could do that, take gap years is prohibited in my house. I will have to see what I can do then.

Anyway, Thanks for the reply. :smile:
Use clearing and adjustment when it opens up in the next month or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my goodness... are you kidding ''/ *sighs*

No, I don't think that I could do that, take gap years is prohibited in my house. I will have to see what I can do then.

Anyway, Thanks for the reply. :smile:

There's a lot of other great London universities offering A&F. Most are likely to have spaces in clearing if you have the right grades.

Have a look through the various London universities forums on TSR and see if there are any alternatives that are worth investigating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending