The Student Room Group

What was your favourite moment from old Top Gear?

Scroll to see replies

Iv just realised GT is the abbreviation of their new show name and that's similar to TG (top gear).,
Original post by Spock's Socks
I have DVDs and old downloads as well :smile:
The Africa special is my fave too! I loved all the specials but my least fave of them if I had to choose would be the middle east one or the polar one.

Lol GearKnobs would have been brilliant! :laugh: I'm kinda let down on the new title but as long as the show is good then that is all that matters :smile: I won't be watching the new TG.

Looking forward to your update :smile:

Ah fair enough then.
Ive got all the specials and all the challenges dvds and a couple of others.
The specials are awesome!!!
I like the Middle East one. Burma was probably my least fav along with the polar one.

It wouldve indeed!! But were stuck with the new name. Thats true, i have a feeling its gonna be a good!
Nooo the new one looks quite good! Im excited for it!

Ill tag you in it!! :smile:
Theres so many to choose from.
* Bolivia special
* Patagonia Special
* Vietnam Special
* The episode where they made motorhomes
* The episode where they brought and insured cars as 17 year olds
* The episode where they made the old peoples car
* The 2 episodes where they had the p50 and p46 cars
I'd say the Cornwall Campervan Challenge, where Richard's motorhome fell apart. So funny (especially at 4:48)! :biggrin:

[video="youtube;I7g08nwEmyY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7g08nwEmyY[/video]
Reply 24
I love when they have that race to get the truffle back to London and James and Richard go in that 'flying washing machine' :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Emma:-)
Theres so many to choose from.
* Bolivia special
* Patagonia Special
* Vietnam Special
* The episode where they made motorhomes
* The episode where they brought and insured cars as 17 year olds
* The episode where they made the old peoples car
* The 2 episodes where they had the p50 and p46 cars

Love all the moments you mentioned :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Love all the moments you mentioned :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have been meaning to get a couple of the dvd's, mainly the bolivia special and the patagonia special. Ill get round to it eventually.
Reply 27
I forgot about the amphibious car challenge. That was a great laugh :laugh: I remember that was one of the first episodes I saw of Top Gear years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I felt so bad for Hammond in the polar special. I can't imagine skiing for as long as he did and you could see the toll it was taking on him. I would have cracked a lot sooner than he did

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Spock's Socks
Do you remember the cars for £100 Challenge?
That was angood one! Esp with Jezza's cas price haha!!
Also the roadworks in 24 hours was brilliant (that was the first episode of TG i ever watched!).
Reply 30
Original post by FireFreezer77
@Spock's Socks
Do you remember the cars for £100 Challenge?
That was angood one! Esp with Jezza's cas price haha!!
Also the roadworks in 24 hours was brilliant (that was the first episode of TG i ever watched!).

Yeah I watched the £100 car challenge recently! That was an epic episode :laugh:
Yeah I watched the £100 car challenge recently! That was an epic episode :laugh:

It sure was haha!
I love how he got his car for £1!! I laughed so hard at that!!! Plus when he crashed too fast! :laugh:

Plus i must catch up on your blog soon!
I loved the Botswana special because Richard was so sweet naming his car Oliver
Reply 33
Original post by FireFreezer77
It sure was haha!
I love how he got his car for £1!! I laughed so hard at that!!! Plus when he crashed too fast! :laugh:

Plus i must catch up on your blog soon!

I warn you, there's will be a lot of reading for you to do when reading my blog :tongue: :laugh:
I warn you, there's will be a lot of reading for you to do when reading my blog :tongue: :laugh:

No worries! Im up for reading it all! I shall drop a comment once ive finished!
Reply 35
Gotta love when Jeremy and James had a gin and tonic while driving in the polar special because technically it wasn't illegal since they were in international waters :laugh:
The ones where they almost got wrecked at that petrol station in America by those dudes when they wrote stuff on the side of their cars
Reply 37
[video="youtube;PhrJ7EVCl38"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhrJ7EVCl38[/video] James May's laugh :love:
Reply 38
Anyone watching the new TG tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not entirely sure what i thought of it.

Matt LeBlanc seems like he could work well but the constant shouting and over-enthusiasm from Chris Evans was slightly grinding.

The new rally cross track was okay i thought, but again, Chris Evans seemed to ruin that segment for me.

Very mixed feelings so far.

Quick Reply

Latest