The Student Room Group

Problem question for Trust and Equity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Criminal law year 2 of llb
Oh okay yeah in terms of involuntary and voluntary manslahighter. The question will always be concerned with murder. However in the question you will have the opportunity according to the facts of the question to raise the two defence to murder such as loss of control or deminished responsibility. The main difference between the two is that voluntary manslaughter requires an intent to kill or cause serious bodily harm while involuntary manslaughter does not. Premeditation or deliberation, however, are elements of murder and not of manslaughter.

Manslaughter can be committed in one of three ways:killing with the intent for murder but where a partial defence applies, namely loss of control, diminished responsibility or killing pursuant to a suicide pact.conduct that was grossly negligent given the risk of death, and did kill, is manslaughter ("gross negligence manslaughter"); andconduct taking the form of an unlawful act involving a danger of some harm, that resulted in death, is manslaughter ("unlawful and dangerous act manslaughter").The term "involuntary manslaughter" is commonly used to describe a manslaughter falling within (2) and (3) while (1) is referred to as "voluntary manslaughter". This is where you literally talk about successful murder trial the person would be found guilty of murder but raise one of the two defences the defences for murder in terms of voluntary manslahighter is mentioned above as I said loss of control and diminished responsibility reesachrch them.

Involuntary manslaughter is in contrast to voluntary manslaughter and occurs where a person kills, but does so without the intent to kill or cause GBH. Apart from the absence of the requisite intent, all other elements of the offence are the same as for murder.There are two types of involuntary manslaughter, namely:that caused by the defendant's gross negligence; andthat caused by his unlawful or dangerous act.
Reply 22
I'm guessing that you are all law students?I'm currently in my 4th year of school going on to my 5th year and I've always had a passion for the law and the criminal justice system. If you don't mind could you give me your opinion on the course youre sitting, personally I think i would want to do: Scots Law LLB, but I'm open for any advice you are willing to give.

Thank you,
Chloe
Reply 23
Thank you, Ivan! Very helpful! But where is sexual offences? You said you know that too 🙈 Can you help in that too please? Just like how you went through vol and unvoluntary manslaughter.. Thank you again.

And Chloe criminal law is boring and has psychological affects coz of your dealings as your profession. I personally have no interest in it as you can see. I am planning on doing human rights or commercial law. It is more interesting and fun. Crminal law is depressing.. Lol 😊
Reply 24
Original post by Jessica Nhb
Thank you, Ivan! Very helpful! But where is sexual offences? You said you know that too 🙈 Can you help in that too please? Just like how you went through vol and unvoluntary manslaughter.. Thank you again.

And Chloe criminal law is boring and has psychological affects coz of your dealings as your profession. I personally have no interest in it as you can see. I am planning on doing human rights or commercial law. It is more interesting and fun. Crminal law is depressing.. Lol 😊

Alright thanks 😂 Good to actually speak to someone who seems to have experience of what they are speaking about instead of underperforming school teachers 😂
Reply 25
Lol i hope I didn't say too much, but that's true... You can do criminal if you like them environment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending