The Student Room Group

Do prisoners have a RIGHT to work?

Came up in my GCSE exam today, just wondering if they have a RIGHT to work the same way citizens do?
Well I for one would much rather they did than didn't.
Outside of the sentence yes. They've served their punishment (unless their crime is' related' to a job) and I'm not contributing taxes towards a convicts benefits because he's forced to not get a job.
Depends on the job.
Reply 4
Original post by Vikingninja
Outside of the sentence yes. They've served their punishment (unless their crime is' related' to a job) and I'm not contributing taxes towards a convicts benefits because he's forced to not get a job.

so if they're convicted they have the right to work? its not about if they want to but its about if they have a right to, e.g we have a right to work but its up to us whether we want to work or not which can link in with the right to freedom but my question is, what about prisoners? do they have the RIGHT?
Original post by nadiakms
so if they're convicted they have the right to work? its not about if they want to but its about if they have a right to, e.g we have a right to work but its up to us whether we want to work or not which can link in with the right to freedom but my question is, what about prisoners? do they have the RIGHT?

Where the hell did you get the idea from that I'm going on about them wanting to get a job instead of the right to?

Quick Reply

Latest