The Student Room Group

What to do if I forget answer?

So for most of my exams you have to answer every question to get a B. I'm quite an anxious person and there is a lot to know so I'm scared I'll forget. If I forget the answer to a question during my exam, what do you think is the best thing to do?
Original post by abigayle_aloud
So for most of my exams you have to answer every question to get a B. I'm quite an anxious person and there is a lot to know so I'm scared I'll forget. If I forget the answer to a question during my exam, what do you think is the best thing to do?

I found that the best thing to do if I didn't know an answer, was to mark the question with a little star so I could find it again easily, and move on to the next question. Doing this stops you wasting exam time, and also forces your brain to think about the next question instead, preventing you from getting anxious about the one you couldn't answer. If there's time at the end of the exam, then you can go back and have another look at the questions you starred :smile:
Reply 2

Panic and make it up seems to be the best option since there's really nothing else you can do
Oh my gosh, this is me at the moment. I'm just praying to God my father for help- I feel like crying right now. For law unit 1 I've studied so hard, writing essays upon essays however I seem to forget important things such as dates and the name of cases which could push my grades to an A which I need in unit 1 because my unit 2 at the moment is very week It's driving me nuts. Screw exams, they seem not be for me but yet again I should have started from the very first day of school 1st September. I wish you the best my dear- you seem to know your stuff so try not to worry.

I note you were kind enough to post notes for other people.

1. As leviathan said make a note, realise you dont know and then move onto other questions for which you do know the answers.

2. Return when you have completed the other questions. its importnat to have left the right amount of time originally allocated to the question. You might also want to make a few notes about possible answers, so you ahve soemthing to work on when you get back.

3. When you return and you have nothing to lose, then if you still feel unsure, just go for it. read the question and just use some common sense to get the basic marks. Be sure to answer the question, keep it logical and ry and make a point each sentence. It just requires a bit of focus. It will help if youve spent a few minutes planning it.

Quick Reply

Latest