The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Sociology exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imogen3
Thanks you so much😂 So glad it's over, 1 down 20 to go😂

Whoop Whoop :smile: Everyone has seemed to of done really well :biggrin:
Reply 21
guys don't focus on unit 1 now because we have already done it and we can't go back but i hope all of you get the grades you want but for now focus on unit 2 and try your best
Good luck wish you all the best :smile:
Original post by Matt °o°
I Put how free school meals could lead to upwards mobility as parents have more money to spend on revision guides and books / trips for there children. Improving chances of achieving good grades and gaining a good job which leads to moving upward on the mobility scale. :smile:

I know its late but is was last 20 years....
Original post by Drussjnr
I know its late but is was last 20 years....

That is in the last 20 years right?
Original post by Matt °o°
That is in the last 20 years right?

um no.... unfortunately: FSM was introduced in 1944 buter ERA.

In 1944 it was made compulsory for local authorities to provide school dinners, with legal nutritional requirements. The government paid the full cost of school meals in 1947. Free school meals were available to children with families on very low income.

In 1988 the government ended entitlement to free meals for thousands of children, and obliged local authorities to open up provision of school meals to a more restrictive system which was to save money. This is ignoring the new key stage 1 free hot meal stuff because thats just a weird government move.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending