The Student Room Group

How did you find the Edexcel FP1?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alfmeister
I have to say im slightly disappointed in my performance. Probably lost 10-12 marks, I guess the pressure got to me and didnt think straight. Oh well, if I get an A i'll be happy as I tried my hardest.

As long as you feel you did well on the other questions, you'll still be able to get a B (I missed out 15-18 marks worth and was got a mid B).
Original post by tejsanghavi
disappointed.I didnt realise that u had to apply completing the square to the matrix question.....lost 2 marksI couldnt prove that alpha was the root, i equated the equation to 0 and got the same but positive value (im not sure whether it is correct)...lost 2 marksi couldnt find a and b nonetheless i managed to create an equation using the imaginary roots and did a bit of working that led nowhere. As a result i only showed the imaginary roots on the argand diagram....lost 4 markslast part i didnt manage to get it to k+1....lost 3 marksEnd result=resit

completing the square for what now?
Was harder than I was expecting. The exam was going alright up until the insane Series induction that threw me off completely (came back to it to attempt it, probably got like 2 or 3 marks though). I probably got a B for this, but hopefully D1 and S1 can make up for my overall Further Maths grade...
I found it easily, it was on the desk in front of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by musictagj
I found it easily, it was on the desk in front of me

Posted from TSR Mobile

:laugh:
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I am intrigued to see this paper now..

Eh, I thought it was a standard paper. Some of the wording was a little dodgy but methods used to get to an answer were similar to most other previous papers.
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Eh, I thought it was a standard paper. Some of the wording was a little dodgy but methods used to get to an answer were similar to most other previous papers.

Looking at it I would say so too. Maybe slightly harder than average but there don't seem to be any "catch-out"/super tricky questions.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Looking at it I would say so too. Maybe slightly harder than average but there don't seem to be any "catch-out"/super tricky questions.

Yeah. I read one of the questions wrong and worked out the argument of z^2+2z. and the first question I probably lost two marks on because For some reason I thought the root of a half was a quarter.
Reply 108
Made some arithmetic errors which meant I almost ran out of time. Other than that it wasn't too hard; definitely harder than all the other FP1 papers I've done but still nothing too tricky.
Hey guys, I feel really bad, I just freaked out on Friday and made so many mistakes. I would love it if someone could tell me how many marks I could have lost:

Q1) I let the determinant = 0 and I even wrote K^2-1=0 but I never actually calculated K. - Total marks in question: 3
Q8i + ii) I wasn't able to prove either of the two statements but I made it look like I did. I also included all the steps e.g Basis, Assumption, Inductive (made it look like I know what I was doing) and the Conclusion. - Total marks in question: 10
9c) I got the right equation but in terms of P. I did not find the value of p but the equation is correct. - Total marks in question: 3.

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how many you think I lost.

Here is how many I think I lost:
Q1) 1 mark for not solving.
Q8) 4 marks for not doing inductive step. (assuming examiner spots my mistakes)
Q9c) 2 marks for not getting p and not substituting it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 110
Any more voters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending