The Student Room Group

Am I transgender or not?

Scroll to see replies

Nothing like a good mind **** of a thread to get me out of bed in the morning.
Original post by Nickierose21
You know I get no real anxiety over this. But then again I did grow up with my mom. She's like me. Only I am a little different. Like on the mental level I seem like the same as some of the people I've met in translation group and plus my T diagnosed me way back. But then the thing is I don't have any desires or wants. Like when I was a kid. It was like ahhh damn guess I'm stuck this way. And in general I want to be a woman. And I see myself as a woman. As far as my sexuality goes I like people based on their biological sex so the same goes for me. But like I could never do a relationship with a guy. I have never wanted a relationship with a guy. And in a sense it's always the wrong thing guys say. When they talk like about dating. And I don't want that. I don't really feel it would ever work. Because of I a bit feel like many of their bros do only I happen to like guys. I don't want to be the girl in a relationship. I am aware I am a female. But that just emphasizes. It doesn't seem though with sex that it's a problem. I am fine with my vagina and all of that. They're just parts I got used to a long time ago. I even want to be a mom at some point. I wouldn't mind pregnancy as long it's not deadly or anything. And in place I get lots of people all jealous about my body I have learned to be grateful. I don't really have any desire to any clothing or anything either I don't like dresses but I'm not repulsed to me that really won't change anything. I just have always known I was mentally like that but I don't want to kill myself over it or anything. I feel more like logically there's nothing I can do but make the most of the life I have.

You aren't trans. If you're born female and identify as female you're cis. Who you want to screw doesn't have any weighting on your gender.

I feel like tumblr culture has done this to you please stop it, its potentially harmful to actual trans people
Original post by xobeauty
You have a vagina you are a woman. But you don't like guys, so you are a lesbian.

I don't like women at all. Never have tbh. I don't get where you got that idea from. My sexuality I was talking able more to do with my perception of myself which is a little different I think. But I have never been attracted to a woman.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
"I like want a boyfriend and eventually a husband."

"I have never wanted a relationship with a guy."

You saw something I never actually said. I don't want a bf I never have had one nor have I ever wanted one in the sense of boyfriend girlfriend relationships. A while back I always thought I would fit best as a gay man who isn't extremely masculine. But I don't see the point in moping around about something I can't change. And transitioning is a big fat joke to me. As it's all child's play to me. If at the end you still see you have a vagina then what's the point of it all? I'd rather be real to myself as that's who matters to me not to others.
Original post by The Good Doctor
Lol the joke went way over your head.

So anyway.... you said you want to be a woman? Yet you already have a vagina, so I assume you are actually female. So.... how can you be transgender? I am confused.

Well the thing is I don't believe in gender. I have always felt I fell in the category of transgender when it comes that as I do have a personality and preferences that aren't typical to women stereotypically. I don't really care to me sex is the on;y thing that matters over gender which is why I'd rather see myself as female. I feel like I'm the same type of person as someone who is transgender ftm but I just don't really acknowledge gender as actually anything that defines me.
Original post by AlteredBoy
You aren't trans. If you're born female and identify as female you're cis. Who you want to screw doesn't have any weighting on your gender.

I feel like tumblr culture has done this to you please stop it, its potentially harmful to actual trans people

I identify with being a biological female I do not see myself as any gender as I don't see gender as real as it's not tangible. Some people think the way I am is closer to the male gender.
Well the thing is I don't believe in gender. I have always felt I fell in the category of transgender when it comes that as I do have a personality and preferences that aren't typical to women stereotypically. I don't really care to me sex is the on;y thing that matters over gender which is why I'd rather see myself as female. I feel like I'm the same type of person as someone who is transgender ftm but I just don't really acknowledge gender as actually anything that defines me.

Not every woman or girl is a stereotypical woman or girl. I grew up playing with hot wheels and climbing trees with boys, I hate dresses and have never worn my hair up in my life. It doesn't mean I'm transgender. So you're a tomboy or not quite the stereotypical norm for a female, no need to place a label on it just for the sake of it.

For someone who doesn't see gender as something that defines them you sure seem desperate to have people label you as trans.
Original post by Katarvi
Not every woman or girl is a stereotypical woman or girl. I grew up playing with hot wheels and climbing trees with boys, I hate dresses and have never worn my hair up in my life. It doesn't mean I'm transgender. So you're a tomboy or not quite the stereotypical norm for a female, no need to place a label on it just for the sake of it.

For someone who doesn't see gender as something that defines them you sure seem desperate to have people label you as trans.

no I'm not. I've just been told I am transgender because if I had the choice I would be a man over a woman. But it's not an option as I was born female. So that's that. That's how I see it. I don't perceive gender as existing at all so living as a guy makes no sense to me as that's impossible as I can't be reborn literally.
no I'm not. I've just been told I am transgender because if I had the choice I would be a man over a woman. But it's not an option as I was born female. So that's that. That's how I see it. I don't perceive gender as existing at all so living as a guy makes no sense to me as that's impossible as I can't be reborn literally.

Well then that's your problem right there.
If you don't see it as an option then there's no dilemma right?
Original post by Katarvi
Well then that's your problem right there.
If you don't see it as an option then there's no dilemma right?

no there is no problem I don't see it as a problem. I see it as a part of me. Just like being a woman is a part of me. Both my personality and sex can exist peaceably. I don't feel I need to give up one.
I came out of this thread more confused than when I came in… :s-smilie:

It's not about which gender you would prefer to be, but what you believe yourself to be, mentally.
You saw something I never actually said. I don't want a bf I never have had one nor have I ever wanted one in the sense of boyfriend girlfriend relationships. A while back I always thought I would fit best as a gay man who isn't extremely masculine. But I don't see the point in moping around about something I can't change. And transitioning is a big fat joke to me. As it's all child's play to me. If at the end you still see you have a vagina then what's the point of it all? I'd rather be real to myself as that's who matters to me not to others.

You said that. Go read what you said.

Lol dat rant.

How inconsiderate of them to not let you choose which chromosomes you wanted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Good Doctor
It's not about which gender you would prefer to be, but what you believe yourself to be, mentally.

Yeah I feel like that's made up. I don't believe in a mental gender. I believe in what's tangible and real.
Yeah I feel like that's made up. I don't believe in a mental gender. I believe in what's tangible and real.

Have you heard of agender?
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Have you heard of agender?

yeah but to identify as agender would be accepting a concept I don't really acknowledge. And like I said if I did believe in gender. Then sure I would identify as male. But it's not real. It's intangible. To me what makes a man a man is his genetic make up that's actually why I can be attracted to basically anyone despite what gender they identify with as I see male as a certain thing. I see female as a specific thing. When you have wide hips and narrow shoulders and facial structures that don't add up I will never see that person as male no matter what they do feel or identify as. And the same goes for me. I don't identify as agender as I don't see a female or male gender as an entity that exist on its own. I think it's all about genetics just like race is. It's the same thing to me. You can't act white and you can't act black. You can't act female. And you can't act male. There is no such thing. You're born white or black or mixed. And you're born male female or intersex.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
You said that. Go read what you said.

Lol dat rant.

How inconsiderate of them to not let you choose which chromosomes you wanted.

No I didn't. I said I didn't want to be the wife. As I don't want a relationship where I'm the girl in the relationship.

I'd do well in a gay relationship I think. But that's impossible.

Either way it appears you're just trollin'
Reply 37
What's tumblr culture

Me too. i don't recognise males that have "transitioned" to female to be female and vice versa.
No I didn't. I said I didn't want to be the wife. As I don't want a relationship where I'm the girl in the relationship.

I'd do well in a gay relationship I think. But that's impossible.

Either way it appears you're just trollin'

There is a thing called copy and paste.

You want to be a gay man... :colonhash:
Why not try and find an effeminate guy who isn't gay? If there is one of you, there is bound to be men of that description.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending