The Student Room Group

a level choices

i wanna go into the field of medical when im older but im comtemplating two of my a levels my two series of choices are

-Biology
-Chemistry
-Maths
-Economics
-Maths

however im thinking to do further maths because me and maths just get a long very well, and i seem to get it, if u get what i mean so this would be my 2nd selection

-Biology
-Chemistry
- Further Maths

what would u suggest i choose, also what are uni more attracted to when they look at a level choices. i feel as if the further maths will look better on my CV if i do achieve a good grade.
Reply 1
Original post by ricardo_va
i wanna go into the field of medical when im older but im comtemplating two of my a levels my two series of choices are

-Biology
-Chemistry
-Maths
-Economics
-Maths

however im thinking to do further maths because me and maths just get a long very well, and i seem to get it, if u get what i mean so this would be my 2nd selection

-Biology
-Chemistry
- Further Maths

what would u suggest i choose, also what are uni more attracted to when they look at a level choices. i feel as if the further maths will look better on my CV if i do achieve a good grade.

You mentioned you wanna go into medicine. I`d recommend looking at unis you wanna go to (via league tables or read about their courses on their sites) and see their entry requirements there. You`ll know if certain unis ask for certain subjects at a-level

I did Economics at A-Level, so if you have any questions, let me know :smile:
Further Maths is easily the hardest A Level, but it makes you a lot smarter once you surmount the initial difficulties, I highly recommend it.

Quick Reply

Latest