The Student Room Group

How often do you have dessert? Is this fat?

I'm a ballet dancer and I generally eat quite healthily.
Yesterday was the first time I had dessert in weeks and I have an apple strudel with ice cream.
Today after lunch I had a dessert of apple and blackberry crumble and ice cream.
My boyfriend said that the amount of dessert I've had recently is really bad.
Would you say it is?
How often do you have a dessert?
No it's not because as you said, you generally eat well. You also exercise lots for dance I presume so having a couple of treats is not a problem. Also, your bf shouldn't be telling you that it's 'really bad' because that's unfair and is making you worry. My parents criticise me a lot for what I eat even though I'm a healthy size 8/10 and yet they still call me fat. I have dessert maybe 2-3 times a week depending on how I feel and what it is. Don't stress about it too much :smile:
Don't worry, I generally have 1-5 desserts a day. Sometimes what I eat in a day consists entirely of desserts (aka today)

Spoiler

also, tell your boyfriend to stop being a killjoy :smile: ain't nobody got time for all that negativity
Original post by harlowberry
I'm a ballet dancer and I generally eat quite healthily.
Yesterday was the first time I had dessert in weeks and I have an apple strudel with ice cream.
Today after lunch I had a dessert of apple and blackberry crumble and ice cream.
My boyfriend said that the amount of dessert I've had recently is really bad.
Would you say it is?
How often do you have a dessert?

Your boyfriend is really bad.
No, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with your diet, assuming the rest is fairly healthy. Is your boyfriend very health conscious, or hypocrite? Because that's not really an acceptable thing to say to somebody.
If you think that is bad, then I'm slightly worried. Considering I've been eating roughly a whole Cadbury hazelnut chocolate bar on a daily basis. :biggrin:

Spoiler

That's not bad at all. I eat dessert as often as I can so that would be 2 or 3 times a week, and 2 bowls of it when I can get it! As you eat healthily all the time there's absolutely nothing wrong with having what you've had. Dump the boyfriend!

(edited 7 years ago)
Your boyfriend is an idiot.
Original post by RedRosesBloom
If you think that is bad, then I'm slightly worried. Considering I've been eating roughly a whole Cadbury hazelnut chocolate bar on a daily basis. :biggrin:

Spoiler

mmm Cadbury. Hazelnuts are very healthy though, so go you getting your nutrition in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending