The Student Room Group

dropped out of an undergraduate course in 2013- Will med schools find out?

Hi all,

Due to personal and family issues I was forced to drop out of university in 2013 before the start of third year. I applied to a London University through clearing at the time and started a new course from year 1. I am now thinking to apply for graduate entry medicine and I really do not want to bring up the whole thing with being a drop out. Is there a way that I can just not mention this on my application? i do not want to lie but I just prefer not to talk about it.

Will universities find out about my fist degree if I didn't mention it? And if I did mention it, would it let down my application?

I need advice. Thanks
I'm not sure how much appears on the UCAS application but it might be a problem for student finance. I'm fairly certain if you have achieved a 1st or 2:i in the degree you completed then you would be eligible to apply to medicine. I think every medical school has a policy where they won't accept students who dropped out of a medical degree but it might not be a problem if it was a different subject. Just email admissions for an accurate answer.
Reply 2
Original post by Quilverine
I'm not sure how much appears on the UCAS application but it might be a problem for student finance. I'm fairly certain if you have achieved a 1st or 2:i in the degree you completed then you would be eligible to apply to medicine. I think every medical school has a policy where they won't accept students who dropped out of a medical degree but it might not be a problem if it was a different subject. Just email admissions for an accurate answer.

Hi thanks for your reply. I actually submitted mitigating circumstances and was funded fully for my second degree by student finance, I will call them tomorrow and find out whether it would be a problem in terms of funding.

Good idea I will defo call universities to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending