The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE ICT - Unit 3 (26/05)

How did people find this? I thought this was a lot harder than unit 1 but some people loved this paper?? Do you reckon grade boundaries are going to be higher or lower...
I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low.. What did you get for the picture that stays in you head when you look away?
Reply 2
Original post by katierthompson
I'm hoping the grade boundaries are low.. What did you get for the picture that stays in you head when you look away?

Persistence of Vision

Also, I think grade boundaries will be higher than last year but not by too much
Original post by Adilm
Persistence of Vision

Also, I think grade boundaries will be higher than last year but not by too much

Sounds right! Aargh we were never taught that term for it so all I could think of on the spot was image retainment which is pretty stupid. Last year it was 69/80 for A* and 59 for an A, I'm hoping for an A* overall so I am kind of praying grade boundaries will be lower eventhough it seems unlikely.
I thought it was okay, though there isn't a mark scheme out so might still have gotten it all wrong XD
The 12 mark question was nice though?
I did this! I thought the paper was nice and included a bit of common sense yet I have none and didn't revise that much for it as I had maths also today but hoping for low grade boundaries :smile:
Original post by Lauren1501
I did this! I thought the paper was nice and included a bit of common sense yet I have none and didn't revise that much for it as I had maths also today but hoping for low grade boundaries :smile:

I'm hanging onto the hope that my common sense gets me through. I really want an A* so just have to pray that the mark schemes are as leniant as previous years and that the grade boundaries will be low.
Original post by g2000
I'm hanging onto the hope that my common sense gets me through. I really want an A* so just have to pray that the mark schemes are as leniant as previous years and that the grade boundaries will be low.

I wanted an A* but my teacher hasn't done anything with me in order to bring me up like I had a B in last year's exam and an A* in course work and I want the same as last year so fingers crossed. I went into todays exam by not looking at a single point or book and I had to leave the 6 marker out as I had no clue what it meant. Cheers teacher for teaching me only one thing :smile:
Reply 8
For the 12 mark question I mentioned:

Advantages - Work is backed up to central server in the evening
Work can be accessed at any workstation as every individual has their own login
Documents can be accessed at any work station using login
Users can login in the other building if the network was a wireless LAN

Topologies - I talked about Ring and star (described what they were)

Hardware devices - I mentioned a printer and modern could be shared.

I used very good English too, I think that'd receive pretty high marks? any one agree? let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending