The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Black lives STILL matter.
Reply 2
Original post by Nabad
Black lives STILL matter.

But black lives matter is not an equality movement when the kkk demand segregation it is bad when BLM does it is good and they get it.

At what point did I say they don't matter?
Reply 3
This post gives of the feeling that you're just trying to demonise the whole movement. The word 'another' implies that it is not a lone incident but that a lot of people who support blm are like that.
Reply 4
Original post by Nabad
This post gives of the feeling that you're just trying to demonise the whole movement. The word 'another' implies that it is not a lone incident but that a lot of people who support blm are like that.

Well a leader from Canada was tweeting about killing men and all white people so another is correct.

If you get the feeling I dislike BLM it is because I do not agree with black supremacy.
What do you expect. The founder of the BLM movement is a cop killer and on the FBI list.

Even the BBC are promoting it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03t9g3j/black-power-americas-armed-resistance
No smoke without fire
Original post by Nabad

The word another is entirely accurate. This is not the first example, nor is an atypical one. BLM activists have disrupted people for no reason with no connection to any of the issues, attacked people, threatened police (albeit indirectly, the exact statement being 'kill all these cops, kill their kids too'), thrown bricks at precinct, attacked non-black people because primarily of their race, lied and falsified evidence of racism, lied to indict others (Johnathan Butler getting Tim Wolfe fired for no reason) and pedal intolerance and racial prejudice under the guise of 'black lives matter'. The person for whom this whole campaign begun attacked his girlfriend and beat her up, then attacked EMT's on arrival - he wasnt exactly a saint even if the killing was unjust. Its the same as the death of whatever his first name was (mark?) Duggan in tottenham that kicked off the London riots, people piggybacking a socially charged issue to exercise their ability to be horrible people and do things polite society doesnt accept.

There is no point using the 'not all activists' argument as i already understand this, some are worried about the larger issues but chanting, throwing things, being petulant children and shutting down oppositions right to even be there is not conducive to a productive discourse and this much is known yet they do it anyway. The problem is those who behave in such unacceptable manners barely classify as the minority, so many engage in such counterproductive bigotry it has become symptomatic with the movement.
Original post by joecphillips
Well a leader from Canada was tweeting about killing men and all white people so another is correct.

If you get the feeling I dislike BLM it is because I do not agree with black supremacy.

No, you just agree with white supremacy
Original post by NeoMarxist

Disagreeing with black supremacy does not imply an individual agrees with another type of racial supremacy.
The only good thing about BLM is their name. They're just a bunch of thugs.
Original post by MildredMalone
The only good thing about BLM is their name. They're just a bunch of thugs.

I am black (technically) and I despise what the movement has become.
What started with good intentions has transformed into a segregationist mess that is trying to reverse all the good work Dr King did for us as a race.
Reply 12

You agree with a black supremacist movement what I oppose so that means I'm a white supremacist, you sound like the BLM protesters from milo yiannopoulos' speech when a black girl stands up and condemns the actions of BLM they are accused of white supremacy it just goes to show that you have no arguments and have to go straight to attacking me.

What do you think of segregation? I'm against it but BLM have campaigned and successfully got it in some places.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
You agree with a black supremacist movement what I oppose so that means I'm a white supremacist, you sound like the BLM protesters from milo yiannopoulos' speech when a black girl stands up and condemns the actions of BLM they are accused of white supremacy it just goes to show that you have no arguments and have to go straight to attacking me.

What do you think of segregation? I'm against it but BLM have campaigned and successfully got it in some places.

You're arguing with someone who thinks racism is the ability to oppress through the holding of authority and that blacks can't be racist thusly. You aren't going to get anywhere with this argument. Just letting you know.

So according to you BLM is a group of black supremacists? How deluded and poisoned have you become? You cannot claim that there is a consensus amongst these people that blacks should live in segregation from whites. You are simply generalising because it suits your far-right agenda.
Original post by Aceadria
Disagreeing with black supremacy does not imply an individual agrees with another type of racial supremacy.

Thank you genius. But the person I initially replied to has shown a deep dislike of anyone who isn't white and far-right.
Reply 16
So according to you BLM is a group of black supremacists? How deluded and poisoned have you become? You cannot claim that there is a consensus amongst these people that blacks should live in segregation from whites. You are simply generalising because it suits your far-right agenda.

Once again a marxist thinks anyone even slightly right of then is far right.

Judge them by their actions: assault, censorship, arson, shooting at police, demanding segregation and money just for being black.

Im against all of that if that means i am far right then ok as all decent people oppose those except for you it seems.

Lets get back to the point here you are deflecting from another blm leader doing terrible things, why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Once again a marxist thinks anyone even slightly right of then is far right.

Judge them by their actions: assault, censorship, arson, shooting at police, demanding segregation and money just for being black.

Im against all of that if that means i am far right then ok as all decent people oppose those except for you it seems.

Lets get back to the point here you are deflecting from another blm leader doing terrible things, why?

I'm clearly not a Marxist since, if I was, I would be focusing on class not ethnicity. Again, you're categorising a group. Deflecting? You and I were never speaking about the "BLM leader doing terrible things" in the first place so how can I be deflecting, nor did you ask me about that until now. And to answer, I'd say that I don't agree with that but that "leader" does not represent the whole group.
its not a 'black supremacist movement' that makes me cringe so hard.
BLM at it again with their antics at DePaul University in Chicago...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending