The Student Room Group

How to appeal for uk fee status when a mistake has been made.

Hi,

My son has been offered a conditional place at Salford university as an international student. I cant understand why as he is British and goes to school in England. How do we appeal and try and get the offer correct? Ive emailed the uni twice but no answer, my son has emailed, no answer. What do we do next?
Original post by Ritarita
Hi,

My son has been offered a conditional place at Salford university as an international student. I cant understand why as he is British and goes to school in England. How do we appeal and try and get the offer correct? Ive emailed the uni twice but no answer, my son has emailed, no answer. What do we do next?

You (or rather your son) needs to PHONE the university. Ask for the name and job title of the person you're speaking to and write it down (and make it clear that you're writing it down).

Remember that the university cannot talk to you about your son's application - he is considered an adult and under data protection rules his application is private. They can only speak to you (or reply to emails about specifics) if your son gives the person on the phone consent to discuss his application with you.

Fee eligibility is determined by the university - that means Salford have decided based on the information in your son's application that he doesn't meet the requirements for home fees. It's very common for applicants to make mistakes - usually the university concerned will send out a fee eligibility questionnaire. If Salford haven't sent one to your son (or they have and he didn't fill it in/return it) then you need to get someone in their admissions department to send a new questionnaire for him to fill in and return to have his fee status reassessed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending