The Student Room Group

Revise or sleep?

Okay so right now i am really tired:/ I have got a lot of revision to do but like i was thinking if i go sleep, ill wake up really early in the morning to revise! Or should i force myself to stay awake and revise now? Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayaz789
Okay so right now i am really tired:/ I have got a lot of revision to do but like i was thinking if i go sleep, ill wake up really early in the morning to revise! Or should i force myself to stay awake and revise now? Any advice?

Sleep.
Reply 2
Original post by zetamcfc
Sleep.

Okay thanks , what time should i wake up?
Just go sleep. You won't be able to remember much information if you revise now.
Revise.
Sleep then revise. Unless you're like me and are gonna sleep 16 hours, staying up late to revise doesn't help yourself too much unless it's just light stuff. If you start to strain yourself you'll be less likely to absorb what you're revising.
I'd recommend getting some sleep first and then continuing revision in the morning (you can concentrate better when you aren't tired) :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Callicious
Sleep then revise. Unless you're like me and are gonna sleep 16 hours, staying up late to revise doesn't help yourself too much unless it's just light stuff. If you start to strain yourself you'll be less likely to absorb what you're revising.

Okay if i went sleep now what time should i wake up to revise?
You should honestly go to sleep.
You'll wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to start your revision again.
Anything you do at this time of the night won't sink in and you'll be frantically going over it all tomorrow again which will only stress you out, especially if you're tired from lack of sleep.
Just wake up at a reasonable time that suits you, not too late but obviously you don't need to be up at 6 in the morning. Good luck with your exams :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Leviathan1741
I'd recommend getting some sleep first and then continuing revision in the morning (you can concentrate better when you aren't tired) :smile:

Thanks for the reply!:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Hanny2596
You should honestly go to sleep.
You'll wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and ready to start your revision again.
Anything you do at this time of the night won't sink in and you'll be frantically going over it all tomorrow again which will only stress you out, especially if you're tired from lack of sleep.
Just wake up at a reasonable time that suits you, not too late but obviously you don't need to be up at 6 in the morning. Good luck with your exams :smile:

Thanks for such a long paragraph! Appreciate it & good luck to you with whatever you are doing too:smile:
Sleep if you are tired. Set an alarm for whenever you feel comfortable. Even on exam days no matter how much of the spec I haven't touched I always go to sleep at least at 10:45 then set an alarm for 4am.
Original post by Ayaz789
Okay if i went sleep now what time should i wake up to revise?

Depends. If your school starts at 8:40 like mine, then get up at 8:40. It'll feel more natural. Revise for half an hour, then take a short break, that's the usual thing you'll be told. Personally I find it easier to wake up at 10-11ish and then revise for an hour or so on end, watch a movie, then carry on revising.

Pick a time you genuinly feel you'll get up at and wont sleep in, set your alarm for a few hours earlier so that it'll wake you up and you can go back to sleep. then the second alarm will really rattle you up. I find it to work like that, but i've got a messed up sleep schedule.

Overall, i'd say just check the time, add 9 hours, then go to bed.
Reply 13
Original post by niv1234
Sleep if you are tired. Set an alarm for whenever you feel comfortable. Even on exam days no matter how much of the spec I haven't touched I always go to sleep at least at 10:45 then set an alarm for 4am.

Ahh okay thanks ! Ill wake up at half 4 :smile:
Reply 14
Depends. If your school starts at 8:40 like mine, then get up at 8:40. It'll feel more natural. Revise for half an hour, then take a short break, that's the usual thing you'll be told. Personally I find it easier to wake up at 10-11ish and then revise for an hour or so on end, watch a movie, then carry on revising.

Pick a time you genuinly feel you'll get up at and wont sleep in, set your alarm for a few hours earlier so that it'll wake you up and you can go back to sleep. then the second alarm will really rattle you up. I find it to work like that, but i've got a messed up sleep schedule.

Overall, i'd say just check the time, add 9 hours, then go to bed.

Ahh okay thanks! Well i have a weeks holiday rn so yeah no sixth form for me:smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay thanks ! Ill wake up at half 4 :smile:

But you don't even half an exam tomorrow(do you?) thats really impressive. But make sure you don't waste all your energy and burn out.
Reply 16
Original post by niv1234
But you don't even half an exam tomorrow(do you?) thats really impressive. But make sure you don't waste all your energy and burn out.

No i dont ! I have an exam on the 9th of june haha:smile: but like i need to put my head down for that exam as it is a resit exam and ive literally done no revision for it so yeah ! Either half 4 or 5 o clock!:smile:
Original post by Ayaz789
Ahh okay thanks! Well i have a weeks holiday rn so yeah no sixth form for me:smile:

Ya xD

I did 2 AQA Phys papers today, an Eduqas one, and the equivalent of 3/4 of a the average Bio paper. Considering it's the holidays i'm proud C:

Quick Edit If your sixth form is open over the holidays you could revise there in the library or wherever :P, that might help concentration
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ayaz789

SLEEP. Stay in routine for exams. Get 8 hours sleep, start working from 8 till 8 each day (if A level) (If GCSE well do the little bit you might need to do)
Reply 19
Ya xD

I did 2 AQA Phys papers today, an Eduqas one, and the equivalent of 3/4 of a the average Bio paper. Considering it's the holidays i'm proud C:

Haha thats great! I did 4 physics papers and 1 maths papers :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest