The Student Room Group

Am currently pulling an all nighter for my biology test

Do you guys think its a good idea? I don't know anything about the topics that I am being tested on (not a figure of speech) and don't have the time to sleep and revise
Lots of people will say different things but dont pull an all nighter instead at least get 7-8 hours of sleep go to bed early and get up early and cram all of the content the morning before ur exam
Original post by Bhimps
Do you guys think its a good idea? I don't know anything about the topics that I am being tested on (not a figure of speech) and don't have the time to sleep and revise
sleep is more important to make sure you don't fall asleep while in the exam
No.I don't think it's a good idea. So you may learn all the content by doing it, but by the time you get to the exam you'll be so tired and your brain will be so dead that you can't answer any of the questions, whether you know the content or not
Nah, no point in an all nighter when you need to be on your game the next day, it will just leave you either sleeping through an alarm, being half asleep or worst case, explosively soiling yourself on the hall floor from overdosing on energy drinks.

But if you're already sitting at the end of the academic year and still don't know the coursework, then things look pretty dire anyway.
Original post by Bhimps

Don't pull an all nighter. Revise the basics of each chapter, then go back to each one and fill in the gaps with more knowledge if you have time. It's better to have an even coverage of everything and hope that you remember some specifics in the exam than to be caught out on entire modules.

Once you get to the evening, just go to sleep. If there's no way you can get a full night in, it's better to sleep for 4 and a half hours and be able to process what you've revised than to fight your tiredness, be less productive and be foggy or even crash in the exam.
Reply 6
Original post by Bhimps

how did it go lol
Reply 7
Original post by amelia5757
how did it go lol

it didn't go great, but was better than i expected, i ended up getting a b, which for the effort I put in was defo worth it

Quick Reply

Latest