The Student Room Group

Controversial hate preacher attacked by students

A YouTube attention seeker who calls himself "Brother" Dean Saxton decided to turn up outside a school in America and preaching anti-gay slogans while holding up a sign saying "You deserve to be raped" (I think that one was supposed to be directed at the heterosexual girls, though, for some imagined infraction). Video below, the assault is at 17:10 but watch at least few minutes before to get some context

Many of the students tried to argue reasonably with him. A slightly older man came and warned him that what he was doing was highly inappropriate (a fully grown man creeping around outside a school harassing students) and he should probably leave. Then a female student hits him in the head with a baseball bat and he runs away with his tail between his legs, whining and crying. Now that girl has been charged with "felony assault" for which she could serve three years in prison.

Let me say first that this man wouldn't be able to do what he does in America (hang around outside schools harassing students) in England; he would be arrested and charged for public order offences, and there are obvious child protection issues. Second, I find it impossible to feel sorry for this man; he's an attention-seeker and a provocateur, and he provoked a reaction. Maybe not the one he wanted, but if you play stupid games then you win stupid prizes. "Brother Dean" has subsequently called the assailant an "LGBT monster"

Two funny comments from the video. "Why'd you run? You forgot to turn the other cheek" and "lol preacher scrub got rekt 420 hail satan"

[video="youtube;XxOvf-AmvyU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOvf-AmvyU[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Serves him right but you can't just smack someone around with a baseball bat because they offended you.
Reply 2
He seems like an idiot based on your description but she shouldn't go and assault someone
despite how foul the message violence in response is never the way

would have been better ff they just started laughing at him and phoned the police and let them deal with it
He had alot of warnings tbh.
attacking someone with a baseball bat is dangerous.

at least there were no firearms involved.
Original post by the bear

That's true, of course; even a punch to the head can kill someone, if it's in the right place or they fall in the right way.

I don't defend the violence and it's never the answer to offensive speech (though I think the man's conduct is probably a criminal offense in California even with the very high bar the US 1st Amendment places any such prohibitions). But equally, I find it impossible to have any sympathy for him and his ludicrous whining and self-pity

Look at his whining about how it was "attempted murder by a psychotic LGBTQ". There's no question why he preached his message at a school; I'd like to see if he'd go preach the same message outside Fort Bragg

[video="youtube;_VOGyWum2Cs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VOGyWum2Cs[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Hopefully the culprit will be found and imprisoned.
He should now claim $$$$$$millions from the school board etc.
He should now claim $$$$$$millions from the school board etc.

You're kidding, right? He should be arrested and charged with sexual offences against minors (US laws are extremely broad in that respect, shrieking about rape to minors will certainly be covered by some clause in the California code) and registered as a sex offender

He has no case anyway. Turns out the girl wasn't a student (not that he would have a case if she was)
Original post by Thutmose-III
You're kidding, right? He should be arrested and charged with sexual offences against minors (US laws are extremely broad in that respect, shrieking about rape to minors will certainly be covered by some clause in the California code) and registered as a sex offender

He has no case anyway. Turns out the girl wasn't a student (not that he would have a case if she was)

Ms Brubaker's trial is set for June 6

:cookie:
Ms Brubaker's trial is set for June 6

:cookie:

Are you planning to turn up to support "Brother" Dean in this harrowing time for him? If you can't afford the plane ticket to California, I'm sure you could send messages of support for him and his ministry over Facebook
Original post by The_Opinion
Hopefully the culprit will be found and imprisoned.

I hope the attacker gets found and gets punished
Original post by ODES_PDES
I hope the attacker gets found and gets punished

Well done on translating from simple speak to even simpler speak :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you planning to turn up to support "Brother" Dean in this harrowing time for him? If you can't afford the plane ticket to California, I'm sure you could send messages of support for him and his ministry over Facebook

X

You can't blame me if I happened to pick up on a few of those Brother Dean vibes wafting off you. It simply occurred to me that you might well come to TSR for the same reason Brother Dean goes to high schools. But I think we should leave this conversation there,

I have the 1885 and 1886 yearbooks of the Thame Gazette waiting for me in the reading room at the British Library and given their substantial age, it would seem rude for me to keep them waiting with further procrastination.

Good day, all
You can't blame me if I happened to pick up on a few of those Brother Dean vibes wafting off you. It simply occurred to me that you might well come to TSR for the same reason Brother Dean goes to high schools. But I think we should leave this conversation there,

I have the 1885 and 1886 yearbooks of the Thame Gazette waiting for me in the reading room at the British Library and given their substantial age, it would seem rude for me to keep them waiting with further procrastination.

Good day, all

enjoy your special interest publications :h:
MFW the sound that baseball bat to his head made...

(edited 7 years ago)

at least there were no firearms involved.

Did y'all hear about the suicide/murder incident at a UCLA campus?
Reply 19
It is unacceptable to use violence against someone who 'preaches' hate, no matter how disgusting what they say is. End of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending