The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone else completely freaking out for further maths Unit 2??? I am so panicked lol....
Original post by wizardry9
Is anyone else completely freaking out for further maths Unit 2??? I am so panicked lol....

I am freaking out for all of further maths 😅
Original post by Katie389
I am freaking out for all of further maths 😅

Yeah I'm not looking forward to unit 1 either😅 but I just feel I'm going to fail mechanics and statistics especially hard hahaha
Yeah I'm not looking forward to unit 1 either😅 but I just feel I'm going to fail mechanics and statistics especially hard hahaha

It's going to be a really fun exam 😒 I'm just going to have to spend ages practicing like loads of questions
Original post by Philipstothers
How many exams does everyone have left? I have 12!

9. Including a Unit 1 Physics and Chemistry repeat. I got two B's last year and wasn't satisfied.

Looking through Unit 1 Physics now is like looking through stuff I did in P6. I put my entire focus on Biology for some unknown reason. Came out with an A* though so not too bad.

Also, Unit 2 Triple award Quantitative Chemistry topic please kill me
Do we need to know where the bible quotes come from for RE, genesis etc. ?

13 :frown:
Original post by caitlin121
Do we need to know where the bible quotes come from for RE, genesis etc. ?

It's nice to know but I don't think it's necessary, however considering the gap between OT and NT teaching I would recommend that you know which one of the two a quote is from. :smile:
Anyone doing Technology Unit 2 Microelectronics tomorrow??

11 :smile:
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are like for technology and design?
Original post by stripedfan
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are like for technology and design?

http://ccea.org.uk/sites/default/files/docs/qualifications/admin_help/results/june15/gcse_unit_level_uniform_mark_boundaries_summer_2015.pdf
Quite high! 72/80 for an A*

Are they not just the uniform marks rather than raw marks you need to get for a grade?
Reply 513

No I don't understand any mechanics and stats like I'm so screwed😂
Is anyone else freaking out about History Unit 1 today???? I feel like I know nothing
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Is anyone else freaking out about History Unit 1 today???? I feel like I know nothing

How did it go?
Original post by chemnerd4life
How did it go?

Really well! I thought i mixed up the dates for the 21 mark question but I checked my notes after the exam and got them right :smile:
Original post by MeganMcAlister
Really well! I thought i mixed up the dates for the 21 mark question but I checked my notes after the exam and got them right :smile:

That's really good! Well done 👍🏻🎉
So, uh, everyone excited for English Language and RE tomorrow? I can't even do this anymore...
I have six exams this week. History today, English and RE tomorrow, Geography on Wednesday and Biology + Business Studies on Friday. I don't know why CCEA hate me.
Anyway, I'm currently trying my hardest to memorize RE content, arguments for and against and Bible verses. Then I go and have a look at a past paper and.... I can't even. The questions are worded in such a way that I don't even have an idea of what knowledge I'm supposed to bring in to use. It's freaking me out.
I never did good at RE and I'm kinda (scratch that, incredibly) worried about RE. I never seem to write enough. Especially for the 10 markers. Always the 10 markers.
Any tips? Any RE aficionados? Help?
Original post by GoNinty
So, uh, everyone excited for English Language and RE tomorrow? I can't even do this anymore...
I have six exams this week. History today, English and RE tomorrow, Geography on Wednesday and Biology + Business Studies on Friday. I don't know why CCEA hate me.
Anyway, I'm currently trying my hardest to memorize RE content, arguments for and against and Bible verses. Then I go and have a look at a past paper and.... I can't even. The questions are worded in such a way that I don't even have an idea of what knowledge I'm supposed to bring in to use. It's freaking me out.
I never did good at RE and I'm kinda (scratch that, incredibly) worried about RE. I never seem to write enough. Especially for the 10 markers. Always the 10 markers.
Any tips? Any RE aficionados? Help?

Sorry I don't think any RE aficionados exist lol :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest