The Student Room Group

Bad Jew?

I'm born Jewish, but I want to get a tattoo of Christian, Jewish, Islam , Hindu and yin yang.

Anyone else think this is good or bad idea. Thoughts welcome, thank you.
Reply 1
I think that it doesn't matter what anyone other than yourself thinks. I, personally, wouldn't tag my body like that, but that's irrelevant because you've decided you want a tattoo.

If you want one, more power to you!
Reply 2
Might sleep now
Reply 3
Tbh i dont know why anyone would give a ****
Reply 4
Original post by spv
I think that it doesn't matter what anyone other than yourself thinks. I, personally, wouldn't tag my body like that, but that's irrelevant because you've decided you want a tattoo.

If you want one, more power to you!

I belive for myself that getting a tattoo of some of the most worshipped religions would help me unionise myself and in a small way feel part of all religions. Why do you want to "Tag" your body?
Original post by NoahMal
I'm born Jewish, but I want to get a tattoo of Christian, Jewish, Islam , Hindu and yin yang.

Anyone else think this is good or bad idea. Thoughts welcome, thank you.

Tattoos are too working class in my opinion
Meh, do whatever you want. Religion is personal - do it if you don't feel it is going to interrupt with your beliefs, which I highly doubt it will, really.
Reply 7
Original post by NoahMal
I belive for myself that getting a tattoo of some of the most worshipped religions would help me unionise myself and in a small way feel part of all religions. Why do you want to "Tag" your body?
Then, do it? Why do you need anyone else's approval?I'm assuming you mean why don't I want to tag my body?......because I don't want to ruin it with some colour that's going to sag and look ugly in 50 odd years. My body is my temple, it should be clean, inside and out. Putting ink in it, ruins that forever. Even if I wanted to get rid of it via laser. That takes forever, is expensive, and still leaves some residue, not to mention scarring. Just an overall ordeal I don't want to deal with. and no offense to you, but it's not sophisticated.
Reply 8
Original post by ODES_PDES
Tattoos are too working class in my opinion

I don't to get a tattoo like this

That does resemble working class, I want something more sophisticated and concealed.

Something similar to this. One Jewish star on the left hand Yin Yang on the right aswell as A Christian cross on my neck. All are very small roughly 1 cm radius. comes to an overall area of 9.42 cm^2 of ink

Reply 9
Original post by spv
Then, do it? Why do you need anyone else's approval?I'm assuming you mean why don't I want to tag my body?......because I don't want to ruin it with some colour that's going to sag and look ugly in 50 odd years. My body is my temple, it should be clean, inside and out. Putting ink in it, ruins that forever. Even if I wanted to get rid of it via laser. That takes forever, is expensive, and still leaves some residue, not to mention scarring. Just an overall ordeal I don't want to deal with. and no offense to you, but it's not sophisticated.

I wanted peoples opinions on this...
Something small though like what I want to differentiate yourself from everyone else and be unique. I understand what you are saying and I guess everyone else feels differently then.
Original post by NoahMal
I don't to get a tattoo like this

That does resemble working class, I want something more sophisticated and concealed.

Something similar to this. One Jewish star on the left hand Yin Yang on the right aswell as A Christian cross on my neck. All are very small roughly 1 cm radius. comes to an overall area of 9.42 cm^2 of ink

And what, exactly, is wrong with the working class? :lol:
Reply 11
Original post by ivybridge
And what, exactly, is wrong with the working class? :lol:

Would you rather be a lannister or hodor :smile:
Original post by NoahMal
Would you rather be a lannister or hodor :smile:

I'd rather be a Targaryen.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 13
I'd rather be a Targaryen.

Spoiler

Spoiler

She's fit though YGM

Spoiler

Original post by NoahMal
She's fit though YGM

Spoiler

I wouldn't really know... I don't swing that way. She's pretty, I suppose.

Spoiler

Reply 15
I wouldn't really know... I don't swing that way. She's pretty, I suppose.

Spoiler

U Gurl?

Spoiler

Original post by NoahMal
U Gurl?

Spoiler

No, a boy - clearly.

Spoiler

Reply 17
No, a boy - clearly.

Spoiler