The Student Room Group

Animator to be?

I've been considering a career in animation when I'm older and I'm wondering if there's any specific GCSEs which would be good or helpful to take? Thank you in advance!
Original post by diamantes
I've been considering a career in animation when I'm older and I'm wondering if there's any specific GCSEs which would be good or helpful to take? Thank you in advance!

Hi! I think Media Studies and Art would be good subjects to take, or Graphics if you enjoy designing and making 3D work.
Out of all of these subjects, I think art would be most important. I've taken mine and it's a lot of work but it's definitely worth it if you want to start a career in the field :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Chocoholic3eek
Hi! I think Media Studies and Art would be good subjects to take, or Graphics if you enjoy designing and making 3D work.
Out of all of these subjects, I think art would be most important. I've taken mine and it's a lot of work but it's definitely worth it if you want to start a career in the field :smile:

Hey :smile: I chose Art as one of my subjects and I also chose History, French, Spanish and Statistics (trying to keep my options open) and I was thinking about possibly changing one of them to be better suited to animation. Do you know which A-Levels would be good to take by any chance?
Hey :smile: I chose Art as one of my subjects and I also chose History, French, Spanish and Statistics (trying to keep my options open) and I was thinking about possibly changing one of them to be better suited to animation. Do you know which A-Levels would be good to take by any chance?

Art, English language, Media, and a foreign language may help because there are a lot of animation opportunities in studios abroad!
But yes I would keep options open, so maybe also choose a science or a maths subject too.
Art, English language, Media, and a foreign language may help because there are a lot of animation opportunities in studios abroad!
But yes I would keep options open, so maybe also choose a science or a maths subject too.

And if you don't want to choose English, you could stick with History because it's a great essay subject ^^
Reply 5

About the foreign language, I already know Spanish so I'm okay with that part but by the time I do my A-Levels I only get to do three instead of four (they are changing it at my school) :/ I've still got lots of time until my A-Levels anyway :biggrin:
About the foreign language, I already know Spanish so I'm okay with that part but by the time I do my A-Levels I only get to do three instead of four (they are changing it at my school) :/ I've still got lots of time until my A-Levels anyway :biggrin:

Oh okay that's handy that you are bilingual then

Hey there,

Just wondering if you're in UK, you should check us out! Ravensbourne
Getting into our university as long as you have A-C grade in ANY GCSE subjects should be okay, but taking fine art, media or graphic is completely fine. As long as you're taking a creative subject :smile:

Hope this helps,
Ahlia :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest