The Student Room Group

Help really important

I'm planning to get a full time job and also do a full time course (I will manage) but will I be eligible for the £9000 uni loan? I'll mangage maintaince and the website doesn't say it matters but I just wanted to check. Thanks in advance.
Original post by Alisahhhhhhj
I'm planning to get a full time job and also do a full time course (I will manage) but will I be eligible for the £9000 uni loan? I'll mangage maintaince and the website doesn't say it matters but I just wanted to check. Thanks in advance.

You won't 'manage'. You can't work full time hours and expect to get decent marks on a degree course - it's just not going to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieBlogger
You won't 'manage'. You can't work full time hours and expect to get decent marks on a degree course - it's just not going to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. There is a reason it is called a 'full time course'. If you don't put in the hours you will be lucky to even pass and get a 3rd let alone anything else. And if you want to use your degree you will need a 2:1 or First.
How will you be able to go to lectures and seminars if you are working full-time. Have you really thought this through?
When I was at uni, we were recommended not to do more than 16 hours working. I'm also sure I read somewhere that some unis don't like their students having jobs during term time.
Reply 4

To answer your question, yes you can get the tuition fee loan.

But no you can't physically do a full-time degree plus a full-time job and be successful at both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your full time course may only be 16 hours spread over 4 - 5 days. But you'll then have to do some 30 odd hours of personal study on top. Can't see how you're going to fit in a full time job as well.
Reply 6
They're right, theres no way you could manage a fulltime job alongside a fulltime course

Yes, you will still be eligible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending