The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CaedKnight
Yo, I was wondering, for the last question I put 73.1 degrees which I know is wrong, however, the only reason why i got it wrong is because when I subbed in the values into the formula for the area of a triangle, for some strange reason I did cos inverse instead of sin inverse giving me 50 degrees instead of 40. The rest of my method was correct do you think I will only lose 1 mark?

I would think you would lose 1 mark. It's a just stupid mistake like me who forgot to put a god damn ass key in the first question! The amount of past papers I've done and I forgot to put a key! :angry:
Original post by Disfuligee
1b Definitely not 47.5%
It was 9/20 = 45%

Original post by Disfuligee
1b Definitely not 47.5%
It was 9/20 = 45%

Atleast make the writing readable
What did people get for the sector question?
Original post by shado.
ugh i rounded the gallons to 4 and the litres to 19 for the Collins question and got £43.51. You can't possibly get 18.1 litres of petrol exactly can you?

When you buy petrol from a petrol station, there's a meter that tells you exactly how much petrol you're filling your car with, and I believe it's to two decimal places.
Original post by luke_stroud_
Anyone know if the paper is going to be posted with full workings like last time with the non calculator?

I'll see what I can do
Original post by zxr
Predictions for an A? Got about 123/200. :smile:

A* = Roughly 169
A = Roughly 132
B = Roughly 98
C = Roughly 77
Reply 866
Anyone know how many marks I will get for putting 9/20 for the 2nd question instead of 0.45?
They better have a little bit of range with the last question as I put 80.3
Original post by blueribbons99
You would still be allowed to have 10 don't worry about it(:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you😅
If I have the correct numbers,

This is one way of doing last Q

Area = ( absinC)/2

Sin^-1 C = 18x2/(7x8)

= 40.00520088 degrees (DO NOT ROUND)

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2 x b x c

= 27.20955764 cm (DO NOT ROUND)

Cos A^-1= (b^2 + c^2 - a^2) / 2 x b x c

= 80.37550115

= 80.4 degrees
Original post by Aol1
Anyone know how many marks I will get for putting 9/20 for the 2nd question instead of 0.45?

it is fine ------->>> from 2015 mark scheme before the answers start
Probability
Probability answers must be given a fractions, percentages or decimals. If a candidate gives a decimal equivalent to a probability,
this should be written to at least 2 decimal places (unless tenths).
Incorrect notation should lose the accuracy marks, but be awarded any implied method marks.
If a probability answer is given on the answer line using both incorrect and correct notation, award the marks.
If a probability fraction is given then cancelled incorrectly, ignore the incorrectly cancelled answer.
yu could put 45% and get mark
What are the chances of being able to update it with the questions as well,
Original post by HateOCR
according to this i got 100 marks but i got 80.8 for the least question, do i still get full marks?

Some questions are not on the unofficial markscheme so not quite yet
Original post by Ihateexams16
Did anyone get three for the amount of bars you can fit onto the shopping trolley question???

I didn't get three, I did some next b.s and ended up getting 31 or something like that, kill me now 😭
Original post by Purpleunicorn197
I'll see what I can do

Ok, keep me updated! Last time I saw a paper with all of the workings and answers! Thats what im waiting for ! Thanks!
Original post by blondebabe_xo
What did people get for the sector question?

I dont have a calculator with me right now but i remember adding 25/9Pi + 5/2Pi + 4 +4
Reply 877
what did everyone get for the quadratics and bounds questions?
Original post by ObsidianGhost
Also, is there a range for Q11 because I think I put £42.28? I may have rounded up wrong?

Again, there won't be a range. They'll expect you to know how to round numbers, and keep them unrounded until the very last step.
What was q10??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending