Area = ( absinC)/2

Sin-1 C = 18x2/(7x8)

= 40.00520088 degrees (DO NOT ROUND)

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2 x b x c=

27.20955764 cm (DO NOT ROUND)

Cos A^-1= (b^2 + c^2 - a^2) / 2 x b x c=

80.37550115=

80.4 degrees
Did anyone else get 80.1 for the last one? It's because at some point I rounded it to 2dp and then worked it out with that. I wasn't sure whether to round to 2dp or 1dp (if I rounded to one at that point and then carried on my final answer would have been 80.4). I ended up deciding to go for the 2dp and then getting 80.1 because it was more accurate but I'm not sure cause everyone says 80.4
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by console.log
Yes. In further maths, you learn that quadratics have two solutions which causes the arc shape and cubics (anything with a power of three) has three solutions and so turns twice rather than once.

Actually no, not necessarily of there is a double root for the cubic

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the cubic graph, you only have to draw the line from -2 to 2 right? Or do you draw it for the entire graph?
Original post by Resty
In the exact same boat as you. Never forgotten before and I have a feeling this might have just dropped me an A* overall :/

Exactly the same! I was aiming for an A* and I just feel like I've have just missed it by a couple of marks! It's the subject I only care about tbh. Maybe we're just contemplating too much about our mistakes and not what we did correctly.
I actually feel really confident with this paper, there weren't really any questions that were very challenging, and hopefully I got that a* :biggrin: I also heard from other people that this was easier than the non-calc paper

Also, for Q24, I think you could simplify 2x/(x+1)(x-1) to just 2x/(x^2)-1, as this would technically be more simple
Original post by waleed29
Is this foundation paper

No its is higher
Reply 907
Original post by elliott134
Ah crap, I used a ruler. Oh well, I'll get marks for the table hopefully I did get that right

Wait what? Why can't you use a ruler? I did too :frown:
I'm hoping for an a* you only need ~ 78 - 82
Original post by DrPeter
If I have the correct numbers,This is one way of doing last Q

Area = ( absinC)/2

Sin-1 C = 18x2/(7x8)

= 40.00520088 degrees (DO NOT ROUND)

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2 x b x c=

27.20955764 cm (DO NOT ROUND)

Cos A^-1= (b^2 + c^2 - a^2) / 2 x b x c=

80.37550115=

80.4 degrees

For this question I only had time to do the first part. How many marks do you think that would be out of 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't that the right answer? Thought it just asked for the probability
can someone post the questions with answers?
Original post by Dannytruthtalk
What did everyone get for the question where you had to work out x which is joind with the angle 30 degrees

Original post by DonatelloP
I got 81.5 man💔

If I have the correct numbers,This is one way of doing last Q

Area = ( absinC)/2

Sin-1 C = 18x2/(7x8)= 40.00520088 degrees (DO NOT ROUND)

a^2 = b^2 + c^2 - 2 x b x c

= 27.20955764 cm (DO NOT ROUND)

Cos A^-1= (b^2 + c^2 - a^2) / 2 x b x c

= 80.37550115

= 80.4 degrees
Has anyone got the questions and marks allocated for each ? Please
Original post by samm98
Wait what? Why can't you use a ruler? I did too :frown:

Because it is a cubic graph, the points should be connected with smooth curves, check on desmos or a graphing app

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Disfuligee
You WILL lose one accuracy mark for rounding too early but you will get the 3sf rounding mark

We'll have to disagree here. I think it could go either way. Like I said, doesn't matter, it won't change my grade.
for question 1b i left my probability as 9/20... how many marks would i have got for that?
I screwed up math today. I hoped for B, now I am scared I'll even get 'C'!
I've got 46 points on the first paper. How many more points do I need to have 'C' in overall pls.?
Sorry of this was asked before, I'm just gutted and can't think.
Reply 919
Original post by HateOCR
A* = Roughly 169
A = Roughly 132
B = Roughly 98
C = Roughly 77

77 for a C???? No, it'll be like 69 or 70. That's a really drastic change from last years grade boundaries????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending