Scroll to see replies

I ****** up that exam
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Yes I think I did it like this-
Friction force= 1.8
W= Fs

1.8 x 0.2 = 0.36J

2.2 (Initial energy of block when it leaves the spring) + 0.36 = 2.56 J

The follow-up question about the force thing, I just used W = Fs again. Since the energy needed to push the block away was the same as that needed to compress the spring, the energy needed to compress the spring must've been 2.56j.

So...
2.56 = F x 0.2
F = 12.8 N

Anyone else got the same answer?

yes i got 2.56 through that method....
Although I think I got 24 for that second bit.... which is weird because the way you've explained it makes perfect sense.... I also can't figure out how i would have gotten to 24N maybe I'm thinking of a different question
Original post by McDerdactyl
I thought they'd forgotten we were the old spec and just gave us new stuff instead tbh because i couldn't do half of it ****ing hell :mad:

The new front cover threw me off, I thought I got the wrong paper.
Original post by the_chosen_one97
They were quite tricky I thought but managed to get them luckily:

The first one when showing 12ms-1 you knew the vertical component is 5ms-1. To work out this component you do a value (say x) multiplied by the sin of the angle as it was vertical - this will equal the vertical component, 5. So you get xsin25 = 5, solve for x. The others were suvat and still not sure about the others until I hear what other people got

OHHHH that makes more sense, i got my resolving vectors all muddled and did 5sin25 instead of that, maybe if id have gotten that one i could've salvaged the others but that knocked my confidence so i screwed up yay
Reply 284
for some reason my brain told me that if its smaller, it's harder to match ???? idek man i swear my brain abandoned ship right after question 1

haha yeah same i panicked after the first two questions
Was the projectile traveling fastest just before it hit the floor....and slowest at its highest point?
Original post by Timotheus
i got around 2.8ms-1 myself

I think I got around the same
Well that was certainly tougher than the unit 1 resit and was definitely the hardest unit 2 paper AQA have done! Also, I have a habit of not being able to remember my answers from in the paper so I can't really say what I got other than I got the maximum order to be 3 and maybe the speed of infrared in the core as 1.9x10^8?

Original post by splashywill
A-47
B-42
C-38
D-33
E-28
? just my predictions.... any thoughts?

Last year the A mark was 48 I think it will probably be lower than last year's boundaries by about 1-3 marks (hoping for the 3).
Reply 288
what did everyone get for the boy and the plank one?
Original post by Sufyxyz
The new front cover threw me off, I thought I got the wrong paper.

me too actually, i legit was going to ask the invigilator to get me a new paper until i found the paper reference at the bottom...
Original post by chrishannon09
same as me, forgot that AR was independent of the mass. Also ****ed up the work and force for the spring. How many times did the light undergo TIR in the diamond? And was the other material better at reflecting light than the diamond or worse?

There was 1 TIR I think.

For the other material, I put sth like the other one reflected more light as it has a lower critical angle which means it's easier to have an angle larger than the critical angle so TIR occurs more. Hence, it reflects more light.

I think I put (easier to have an angle smaller than the critical angle, oh my world)
Reply 291
Okay question: the refracting ray throuh a diamond - the the ray coming into the diamond vertically or horizontally? I was really confused by that!
OHHHH that makes more sense, i got my resolving vectors all muddled and did 5sin25 instead of that, maybe if id have gotten that one i could've salvaged the others but that knocked my confidence so i screwed up yay

I thought that question was not on our spec ?.... I think I did something correct in that though complete F**K THOUGH !

Some how I have to use the 69% I got in unit 2 last year to somehow get an A at the end of it...

Not to mention the gigantic FU*K up of the empa !!!! FFS .... I'll end up becoming a drug lord !
Original post by mbh16

I got he would be able to stand on it because there was a resultant anticlockwise moment of about 160Nm i think
Original post by Timotheus
i got around 2.8ms-1 myself

I think I got 2.8 so I think it's right and could land safely?

Just slightly contradicting my last post about not being able to remember my answers! :rolleyes:
Where can I find 4m planks of wood that weigh 32kg!? That's insane!
Original post by Billsonbubbles
I thought that question was not on our spec ?.... I think I did something correct in that though complete F**K THOUGH !

Some how I have to use the 69% I got in unit 2 last year to somehow get an A at the end of it...

Not to mention the gigantic FU*K up of the empa !!!! FFS .... I'll end up becoming a drug lord !

same although i got a D last year ahahah we can start a drug empire together, i feel like thats a decent back up tbh
Reply 297
Original post by davgen7
I got he would be able to stand on it because there was a resultant anticlockwise moment of about 160Nm i think

Did u take the moments around the rock? so it was 3.2m away from the cog and 0.8m away from the boy
for the shuttle one... i found out acceleration cause it gave you a resultant force upwards so it gave me a negative acceleration (which obvs it needed to be negative) and then worked out the amount of time it took to decrease from 5.5 to 3ms-1 and it was like 3.3 seconds.. and it said max time was 3.5 so i said it would land?
Original post by mbh16

(a)Centre of mass is point where a single force can be applied with no turning effect.

(b)196N or round to 200N

(c) it can't support the boy. Took moments from the embankment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending