The Student Room Group

What are the best conversation starters?

How do you usually start texting someone?
From experience it does feel like asking people about themselves is always a good starting point. :smile: It's a way of showing that you're genuinely interested in them.
Original post by Popcorn12345

uh...

I say like "Hi, it's (name). How are you?)

it works for me
"I have another body I need to dispose of discreetly" usually works for me

Spoiler

Oh I thought you meant irl because then you'd just compliment how they look :erm:

but a text...ermm is this your 1st time texting them? Do you know them? DId you previously leave off somewhere in a conversation? If so start from referring to that convo by saying something funny about the last thing you guys spoke about. Like if you two were chatting about erm dunno a class, and then one of you had to go, you can say, "man I'm not excited for class 2mr" or something...?

Or say, you looked really nice today, without being creepy. I dunno lol
Reply 5
If you really don't want to go for your standard hi, hey, hello or whatever, ask them a non-awkward question like "Ai m8, i heard you got sparked by my man in the hood!?" or alternatively you could open with a statement such as "I think I got pregnant when that pigeon looked at me weirdly the other day"
how much lego can you stick up your bum

Spoiler

How much does a polar bear weigh

it doesn't matter much.What matters is physical attraction.If the girl/guy is attracted to you then anything will be good. I once tried to talk about the most boring thing I could find and she kept talking for an hour,obviously just because I'm handsome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending