The Student Room Group

PGT resit but offered a PhD

I have to give a resit for my PGT. However, I have a PhD offer which has a deadline of august to submit details. Session starts in October. My PGT results will now come in November?

What do I do?

Both unis in same city. Only have to give the one resit exam which is in August as well.
(edited 9 months ago)
Your position depends on your PhD offer - if it is conditional on your Masters results, then you might need to look at delaying. Does your university do a second intake? At mine we had students joining us in October and then again in January. If you could join in January that would give you time to get your resits sorted out. Or if you are a strong candidate or have a good relationship with your future supervisor, you might approach them about the issue and see if any waiver of the normal rules can be managed. I wouldn't have been able to get this(!) but if you are an extremely desirable candidate something might be possible. More information on your discipline and your particular situation would make it easier to give good advice on this one!
Original post by Academic15
I have to give a resit for my PGT. However, I have a PhD offer which has a deadline of august to submit details. Session starts in October. My PGT results will now come in November?

What do I do?

Both unis in same city. Only have to give the one resit exam which is in August as well.

Hey there @Academic15

I'm really sorry to hear about this situation you are in. I strongly suggest that you have a conversation with the university that has given you the PhD offer. They may be flexible and can actually support you. After you've had a conversation with them, you'll be better able to make a decision and understand what you need to do next.

I hope this helps a bit. I wish you the best of luck on your resit exam. YOU GOT THIS!

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student)
PhD starters can be done on a rolling basis normally, can you ask to start in January?

You can probably use the interim time to communicate with your supervisor & start your literature study & maybe get up to speed with any technical stuff so you hit the ground running.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending