The Student Room Group

How important are these grades?

Hey so I'm sitting my A2 exams and my first one didn't go so great despite a lot of revision. However I do have an unconditional offer to study human geography and my grades from last year were BBCD (I dropped the D).

For my future career I'm thinking I want to go into working with global charities and development, just wondering how much they'll take my A levels into account as obviously I don't need to do great to get into university but I am slightly worried about the implications if I do badly? I'm a lot more focused on gaining experience so would they look at this and my degree significantly over my A levels? I only ask as I've been told my only reason to perform well this year is to obtain a good job (and personal pride haha)

Obviously I'm still revising for my A levels, I'm just wondering how worried I should be if they don't go too well.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Tbh, I don't think A Levels matter as much once you have a degree coz having a degree is the thing that stands out on your CV, however I was looking in an Undergraduate employers book the other day, and some employers ask for a minimum UCAS points requirement, so in terms of summer internships, may be important but future careers, as long as you do alright at uni, I think you'll be fine.
Don't worry about your first exam btw, I remember my first A2 exam went bad, and it was in Chemistry which is what I'm doing at uni.
Good luck for your future exams though
Original post by eemmmmaaaaa
Hey so I'm sitting my A2 exams and my first one didn't go so great despite a lot of revision. However I do have an unconditional offer to study human geography and my grades from last year were BBCD (I dropped the D).

For my future career I'm thinking I want to go into working with global charities and development, just wondering how much they'll take my A levels into account as obviously I don't need to do great to get into university but I am slightly worried about the implications if I do badly? I'm a lot more focused on gaining experience so would they look at this and my degree significantly over my A levels? I only ask as I've been told my only reason to perform well this year is to obtain a good job (and personal pride haha)

Obviously I'm still revising for my A levels, I'm just wondering how worried I should be if they don't go too well.

Thanks!

If they go well, they go well. If they don't they don't. Just try your hardest, and then the grades you get will reflect your absolute best efforts. I don't really think that working in charities will involve a need of having A Levels, and even if they do, they probably won't care that much as you will have a degree.
Thanks guys! Feel a bit more reassured, I'll try my best still but I won't be as stressed about it all

Quick Reply

Latest