The Student Room Group

AQA Additional Science Part A 10/06/16 Unofficial Mark Scheme!!! Higher paper only!

I've just checked and I couldn't find an unofficial mark scheme for this so I'd like to create one for the answers to questions that I do remember, I may not be right. Please feel free to contribute to answers. Thank You.

1. So the growth of the lettuce is visible and so the scientists know when to change the pressure inside.

I remember some of the answers but I don't remember what Q it was from

One of them I wrote about the positive electrons and negative electrons attract to each other

The rods move away due to both being positives so they repel

The rod attracted to the copper wire due to it being of different charge

One of them I wrote about light being the limiting factor after Carbon dioxide

I circled protein for the one which says about nitrate ions

I wrote the amount of glucose only increased by 0.2 because when there is less glucose there is more light passing through and as the glucose had started to increase the light passing through decreased.

One of them I wrote about liver being part of that human cell because live produces bile and releases it into the stomach and it has two exits of bike from both sides on the human cell.

Graphite is good for conducting electricity because it has one carbon atom covalently bonded with 3 other carbon atoms and they're organised in a layer that is slippery and these layers can slide over each other easily which means that the electrons are delocalised which means it can conduct electricity and I wrote something similar for silver too... I wasn't expecting silver to come up and I hadn't revised it but it said about both of them being able to conduct electricity so they must both have delocalised electrons so therefore they can conduct electricity.

I don't remember the rest. Please feel free to share your answers. I know some of them I stated were likely to be wrong. I hope it went well for everyone and I'm sure we can ace it. Don't worry if you didn't do good on this paper, we still have another paper, Part B. Best of luck to everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Bump.

I had similar answers, I also didn't expect silver to come up..
My guess is that this is B3?
Original post by CopyThat
My guess is that this is B3?

Additional Science (general science, not just biology)
Am I the only one who found the paper awfully hard? And I also got similar answers..

Some more where

12.5 N/m (for the spring constant question)
Another I wrote that the graph had a positive correlation & directly proportional
For the page of glucose questions for the bottom two i got Respiration and then oxygen

I'll think of more later, it's hard to remember HAHA
Reply 5
Original post by bethanyjx
Am I the only one who found the paper awfully hard? And I also got similar answers..

Some more where

12.5 N/m (for the spring constant question)
Another I wrote that the graph had a positive correlation & directly proportional
For the page of glucose questions for the bottom two i got Respiration and then oxygen

I'll think of more later, it's hard to remember HAHA

Yeah the paper was quite hard tbh, I thought I flopped it but now I'm glad that my answers are similar to other people's so there's a chance I didn't flop. Still one more paper to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know the question about what element has the same electronic structure as a Potassium ion what did everyone put?? Because I wrote "Argon" but Everyone has seem to have wrote "Sodium" ... I just thought that the electronic structure of Argon was 2,8,8 and when Potassium loses an electron to become an ion it also becomes 2,8,8 can someone reassure me and let me know I'm right/wrong because it's stressing me out even though it's one mark :/
Reply 7
You know the question about what element has the same electronic structure as a Potassium ion what did everyone put?? Because I wrote "Argon" but Everyone has seem to have wrote "Sodium" ... I just thought that the electronic structure of Argon was 2,8,8 and when Potassium loses an electron to become an ion it also becomes 2,8,8 can someone reassure me and let me know I'm right/wrong because it's stressing me out even though it's one mark :/

I also wrote sodium however if that's the case about argon and potassium having 2,8,8 then perhaps you may get a mark if it's on the mark scheme, don't worry about it since it's only one mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Halzy1234
I also wrote sodium however if that's the case about argon and potassium having 2,8,8 then perhaps you may get a mark if it's on the mark scheme, don't worry about it since it's only one mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

its just im almost certain it said which element has the exact same electronic structure as potassium, and so the only answer would be argon ?! i dont know hhaha that was the only answer i was confident on
Did anyone find the question on circuits to be quite hard? Tbh the paper was quite hard, there were some questions i could answer, but overall it was hard. i just hope unit 6 isn't too difficult..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Hate to tell u but u got question one wrong it's so light can get in for photosphysis in order to grow.
Original post by Yolo246
Hate to tell u but u got question one wrong it's so light can get in for photosphysis in order to grow.

Thats exactly what i put down for Q1 lol
Original post by meemeekat
Thats exactly what i put down for Q1 lol

same, so glad lol

I wrote lithium because they both had the same charge.. oops
Reply 14
Original post by cdaniels2011
I wrote lithium because they both had the same charge.. oops

Same :s-smilie:
For the first question i just wrote to absorb light because i didn't know photosynthesis helped them grow HAHA definitely failed :eek:
i hated the 6mark question i wrote about terminal velocity is that wrong? it was the question with a car and a van. i also said the car was more streamlined so there was less of a drag force?????
Original post by BlueParadise
i hated the 6mark question i wrote about terminal velocity is that wrong? it was the question with a car and a van. i also said the car was more streamlined so there was less of a drag force?????

i wrote about streamlined too, i mentioned something about resultant force
Reply 18
How did you all find the second paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Halzy1234
How did you all find the second paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would've been great if I had revised beforehand.. But I never so I failed it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending