The Student Room Group

WJEC A level business studies

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any recourses particularly exam style questions for Business studies WJEC unit 3 and 4, I've done all of the past papers in college over the past year so I'm now struggling to find extra recourses. I have revision notes so just need to get extra practise for the exam.
if anyone knows any websites or literally anything they recommend id greatly appreciate the help.
thank you

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Harriet2989
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has any recourses particularly exam style questions for Business studies WJEC unit 3 and 4, I've done all of the past papers in college over the past year so I'm now struggling to find extra recourses. I have revision notes so just need to get extra practise for the exam.
if anyone knows any websites or literally anything they recommend id greatly appreciate the help.
thank you

what grade are you looking for
Original post by iyi123
what grade are you looking for

A ideally, i got an A last year in AS so want an A overall as well
Reply 4
Original post by harriet54321
A ideally, i got an A last year in AS so want an A overall as well

i did aswell hoping for a *
I also got an A in AS too.

Wondering whether you guys have any tips for writing the BS4 synoptic essay?
Reply 6
how was bs3?
Reply 7
Original post by iyi123
how was bs3?

Easy peasy. Good topics, wrote a decent amount for each question but needed more time.
Original post by Rory_M_
Easy peasy. Good topics, wrote a decent amount for each question but needed more time.

Yeah it was pretty similar to past papers! what did you put down for the the stakeholder question talking about making products overseas?
Reply 9
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
Yeah it was pretty similar to past papers! what did you put down for the the stakeholder question talking about making products overseas?

I wrote about how the local communities get jobs abroad and then there potentially lost here. The government would get more from tax as revune is increased as a result of falling costs. Customers would benefit from lower prices potentially as a result of economies of scale bringing prices down as well as operating on a lost structure. Local communities would also be improved as they would invest in the area(social benefits)
Customers could boycott firm as they may feel its not ethical - relating back to the case study and the Bangladesh incident (work or lose a month)
Shareholders would potentially gain more dividends as sales could rise and costs fall increasing their ROCE
porter 5 forces question was hard i thought as was unsure about what threat of substitutes and bargaining power of buyers as they change if the economy is good or in recession. predicted grade boundaries?
Reply 11
Was it possible to work out the gross profit margin?
Reply 12
Original post by jamessmith15
porter 5 forces question was hard i thought as was unsure about what threat of substitutes and bargaining power of buyers as they change if the economy is good or in recession. predicted grade boundaries?

The bargaining power of buyers was high due to the amount of firms that would operate on the high street, allowing them to be spoilt for choice.

Most likely grade boundaries:
A-40
B-35
C-30
D- 26
etc
Original post by Floss34
Was it possible to work out the gross profit margin?

i found that difficult, i spoke to some of my class mates and they said the gross profit was in the text, however after reading it i couldn't find it.
Reply 14
Original post by JDrape63
i found that difficult, i spoke to some of my class mates and they said the gross profit was in the text, however after reading it i couldn't find it.

There wasnt, there were only sales figures for the companies in the AB Food group.
Reply 15
Original post by JDrape63

Yeah me and some mates were talking about that because in a previous past paper there was no gross profit figure... the markscheme just didnt include gross profit margin.
This is the website I use with all of the key notes for WJEC, hope this helps
http://www.businessstudiesalevel.co.uk/page25.html
Reply 17
How did we all find BS4???
I found it okah actually! I did the global marketplace for the 20 marker, what did everyone else do?
Well, that's if you can call it BS4. The only topic that was actually from the BS4 spec was sales forecasting (moving average)... But it was decent. I did the global marketplace essay question too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending