The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths B Modular GCSE Unit 2

Did anyone do this exam today? It seems like everyone is doing Maths A instead :/ If so how did you find it? I thought it was pretty good apart from I know I made a stupid mistake in the surds question :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Yes i took the maths unit 2 modular exam, it went quite well, apart from the surd question and the finding the angle in terms of x and y. i dont know why everyone seems to do maths A and not maths B.
But hopefully the grade boundaries will be low as most people in my school found it hard, and it was quite hard compared to the past papers.
Original post by joeb221
Yes i took the maths unit 2 modular exam, it went quite well, apart from the surd question and the finding the angle in terms of x and y. i dont know why everyone seems to do maths A and not maths B.
But hopefully the grade boundaries will be low as most people in my school found it hard, and it was quite hard compared to the past papers.

Thanks for your reply :h: Yes I found the x and y angles question hard too. I got a really long answer (hope I'm not the only one 😂) so I can't remember what I put! Do you remember what your answer was? Also for the surds question I put 13/5 whereas I'm pretty sure it was actually 13/15 😣 I'm hoping for that as well because it was definitely harder than the past papers. Yeah, there is hardly anyone doing it! In a way I kinda prefer it to the layout of maths A because we have less to revise for each individual exam; but on the other hand the grade boundaries are a lot higher for us 😬 What grade are you aiming for??
Reply 3
Yes I agree, I'd rather be taking maths B than maths A, as we get a unit 1 exam which is quite easy compared to the others (atleast I think) whereas they have like two hard exams. For the surds question I managed to get 13/6 (dont know how lol) but I heard its 13/15 aswell. I'm aiming for an A as I want to take maths a level, how about u?, but am very worried for the unit 3 exam as my maths teacher left at the beginning of this year and we've had like a different supply teacher every week so basically had to teach ourself most of unit 3:frown:. But hopefully it will go well, and I hope theres not a lot on triangles, as i find some of the triangle stuff really hard. What grade are u aiming for ? :smile:
Original post by joeb221
Yes I agree, I'd rather be taking maths B than maths A, as we get a unit 1 exam which is quite easy compared to the others (atleast I think) whereas they have like two hard exams. For the surds question I managed to get 13/6 (dont know how lol) but I heard its 13/15 aswell. I'm aiming for an A as I want to take maths a level, how about u?, but am very worried for the unit 3 exam as my maths teacher left at the beginning of this year and we've had like a different supply teacher every week so basically had to teach ourself most of unit 3:frown:. But hopefully it will go well, and I hope theres not a lot on triangles, as i find some of the triangle stuff really hard. What grade are u aiming for ? :smile:

Hopefully we will get some method marks for the surds question as we both got 13 for the numerator!! 😁 I would love an A* in maths (and like you I want to do A Level) but I am slightly worried because the grade boundaries are usually pretty high - I think the A* boundary last year for unit 2 was 56/60 and for unit 1 it was 55/60 😳 And I think I've lost more than 5 marks in unit 1... :frown: How did you find unit 1 btw? I thought it was harder than the past papers and so I'm praying for lower grade boundaries! Ah that is so annoying! I'm sure you'll do well though, so don't worry! Same I'm hoping for hardly any triangles, proof etc to come up as I'm really not keen on them 😑
Reply 5
Yeah, I think that this years unit 1 and unit 2 have been harder than last years. Hopefully that means an easier unit 3 and lower grade boundaries!:smile: But I'm sure everything will be fine, but these papers have been really stressing me out :frown:
Original post by joeb221
Yeah, I think that this years unit 1 and unit 2 have been harder than last years. Hopefully that means an easier unit 3 and lower grade boundaries!:smile: But I'm sure everything will be fine, but these papers have been really stressing me out :frown:

Hiya! How did you find unit 3 today? I really liked this paper but (yet again :angry:) I messed up on a question (the one about bounds :s-smilie:). I have a feeling that the grade boundaries for this will be higher and that the other 2 will be lower. No more GCSE maths for us now! Next thing we know we'll be doing A level :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by Pepsi Cola :)
Hiya! How did you find unit 3 today? I really liked this paper but (yet again :angry:) I messed up on a question (the one about bounds :s-smilie:). I have a feeling that the grade boundaries for this will be higher and that the other 2 will be lower. No more GCSE maths for us now! Next thing we know we'll be doing A level :redface:

Hi!, Ikr maths GCSE over. Giot to prepare ourselves for a level now:redface:. I also thought that the unit 3 paper was good, but we had quite a hard unit 2 so I think that it evens out. I might have messed up on the bounds question but hopefully I will get some marks, and I didnt find the vectors question at the end too hard.
Reply 8
Yeah same, hoping unit 1 will help me out. I don't think there's an unofficial mark scheme as so little people take the modular exams :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending