The Student Room Group

People that say they havent revised but get those A and A*?!1

Scroll to see replies

Some people just grasp things a little bit quicker, or understood it the first time around so don't need to revise, or enjoyment of what you're learning makes a big difference. If you're one of those students that chats a lot, doesn't engage with learning and is on snapchat all day then yeah, what do you expect?

I was naturally a talented artist and linguist. I didn't need to push myself in Art or French and got an A easy.
When I was doing my GCSEs, I did nowhere near as much revision as I do now for my AS Levels. But no matter what you're predicted or whether you're studying for GCSEs or A Levels, I think it's always good to do at least some revision (nothing worse than complacency), but by the looks of it, some people just seem to have a better memory when it comes to what they've learnt, than others.
For example, my friend has been revising hard for her GCSEs and is expected a mix of As and Bs. However, her brother, also in Year 11, doesn't do that much at all apparently, and is predicted mainly As and A*s. And since he excels at Maths so much, he will be sitting the A Level M1 exam early.
(edited 7 years ago)
Tbh at GCSE for English literature and English language I didn't really understand what revision was as a concept.
I don't believe them. Not for A-level at least.
Some people able just understand things faster and are able to retain that for the exam.

But lying though. I think people who say they don't revise when they do, is just to make themselves feel better.
I've never once lied about not revising. More like lying that I have revised quite a few times haha:redface: (I don't want the whole class to kill me). But generally I work hard and revise, I mean I think that speaks for most people for A levels.

Lying that you haven't revised is just silly.
If they are doing it to seem clever then that is the wrong way to go about it.
You don't need to "show off" that you haven't revised if you are clever enough.
People should already know that you are probably going to ace that test whether you revise or not.

But having the ability to not revise doesn't necessarily makes someone "cleverer" than the other person though.
Just because you don't need to revise for a test doesn't mean you are a genius.
Especially for GCSE. I mean cmon its just a bit of regurgitating information, if you have a good memory then its pretty easy to get A*s in a lot of subjects.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by melisss22
the highest you can get at AS is an A..

No the highest GRADE is an A.
Original post by Business Boy
No the highest GRADE is an A.

thats what i meant but ok
Original post by melisss22
thats what i meant but ok

wet wipe

Quick Reply

Latest