The Student Room Group

Maths at A Level

I'm planning on resitting year 12 and doing different subjects, those being psychology maths and chemistry. I'm already doing psychology and I've gotten an A in GCSE and in my recent A level mock I got an A*. In GCSE's I got a 6 in combined science higher which honestly I'm just gonna say is an absolute miracle because I am GOD AWFUL at science and didn't revise at all (honestly I think it was the equations sheets that we got that upped my scores). In maths I got a 5, which is obviously not a great grade for someone who wants to pursue it in A Level. However in my defense I was struggling through severe bulimia and depression at that time, missed a lot due to being off for 2 weeks for covid which made me miss out learning on trig and pythagoras and would often skip classes and I didn't attempt any revision, having a bad teacher didn't help either but in the past I had a talent for maths and I still believe I do if I actually put the work in and don't just slack off like I did in year 10 and 11. That being said do you think it's worth re sitting with those subjects? I'm currently getting great grades at my sixth form (A*,A and a C) but I'm so unhappy in here and I can't stand doing a certain subject I'm doing rn for another year. I'm very conflicted. Thank you :smile:
Is chemistry a subject you havent already taken? Chemistry is definitely not an easy subject and many people I've come across have said chemistry is harder than maths. As for maths, first year maths is easy- a lot of people will agree on me with this. Second year maths is where it gets rocky, that said, there are loads of great YouTubers to teach you. You would definitely have to get into the habit of revising daily though- studying chemistry and maths together may well impact your psychology grade if you're finding the 2 taking more of your time away from psychology.

Quick Reply

Latest