The Student Room Group

Asking a girl out

So I've got like two weeks to ask a girl out, I've liked her for two years and I didn't say anything when we were in school. We weren't really close but we were in lessons together and she just seemed confident, intelligent, attractive and up for a laugh. I just got nervous around her sometimes, would put too much pressure on myself and never said anything,

Haven't spoken to her for nearly a year now and I've probably seen her like 3 times in college cause of timetables and different mates. I just wanna ask her out for peace of mind, I know it's been a while but when I next see her, I'll just have a quick conversation and then ask her what she's doing in the summer and if she wants to meet up. She says yes, I'm ecstatic, she says no, I don't lose anything except for a crush. Is it a good idea? Simply don't have the time to build up a rapport unless it's through taking her out. Cheers, sorry it's long lmao
I think you should go for it (or see if you can talk to her through facebook or something first as it's less intimdating) i hope it goes well if you decide to!:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So I've got like two weeks to ask a girl out, I've liked her for two years and I didn't say anything when we were in school. We weren't really close but we were in lessons together and she just seemed confident, intelligent, attractive and up for a laugh. I just got nervous around her sometimes, would put too much pressure on myself and never said anything,

Haven't spoken to her for nearly a year now and I've probably seen her like 3 times in college cause of timetables and different mates. I just wanna ask her out for peace of mind, I know it's been a while but when I next see her, I'll just have a quick conversation and then ask her what she's doing in the summer and if she wants to meet up. She says yes, I'm ecstatic, she says no, I don't lose anything except for a crush. Is it a good idea? Simply don't have the time to build up a rapport unless it's through taking her out. Cheers, sorry it's long lmao

I say, go for it. Nothing to lose and all to gain. I did a similar thing myself In Year 12 and it didn't work out, but that doesn't mean anything really.

Good luck!
Original post by SeanFM
I say, go for it. Nothing to lose and all to gain. I did a similar thing myself In Year 12 and it didn't work out, but that doesn't mean anything really.

Good luck!

:toofunny: poor you :console:
try again :yy:

Spoiler

DO IT.

whats the worst that can happen ? might as well try because then u will regret and trust me REGRET is the worst feeling ever .... so go for it and whatever happens face it ....
Reply 7
Cheers for the motivation. Just getting the opportunity is the tough part now
Cheers for the motivation. Just getting the opportunity is the tough part now

If you really want it, you got to make the oppurtunity.
You should do it, just be prepared for her to say no and what to say if she does.
Even if she's not interested it's still better than not knowing & at least you would have learnt something & got the experience, always better to try & do nothing. In life you have to really go for things that you want in order to succeed. Good luck! :smile:
Thanks guys, and I will try and carve out the opportunity like a world class striker. Anyone got any tips to motivate instead of getting nervous? Was gonna start another thread but might as well carry on here.
try at least. if you dont try you'll never know

Spoiler

Reply 13
It's worth a go. There's no easy way mate, stop procrastinating, and just say what you suggested to her and see what happens..
Original post by sfaraj
try at least. if you dont try you'll never know

Spoiler

hahaha of course. But thanks people, I know you're all just strangers but it does mean a lot to have people willing to advise you on this stuff. Never asked anyone out so it's new to me
The key to a woman's heart is grabbing the back of her head and shout "LOVE MEEEEEEE"

In all honesty, the outcome for going for it is much bigger than the outcome for missing out the opportunity.
Thanks guys, and I will try and carve out the opportunity like a world class striker. Anyone got any tips to motivate instead of getting nervous? Was gonna start another thread but might as well carry on here.
I'm in the same position tbh, it's natural to be a bit nervous as you don't wanna mess up & want her to react positively to it. For me I think it's better to just go for it without thinking too much, like about all the possible ways she could react. You need to think positively, be believe in yourself & yeah just go for it. In life you have to take chances in order to succeed. They might not always work out the way you want to but you want to be able to at least say I've given the best I can, that's really all you can do. Not sure what else I can say, hope it all works out man! :smile:
I think you should go for it (or see if you can talk to her through facebook or something first as it's less intimdating) i hope it goes well if you decide to!:smile:

Bad advice, you will come across as a wimp if you ask her out over facebook. Face to face is the only way

Original post by Multitalented me
I'm in the same position tbh, it's natural to be a bit nervous as you don't wanna mess up & want her to react positively to it. For me I think it's better to just go for it without thinking too much, like about all the possible ways she could react. You need to think positively, be believe in yourself & yeah just go for it. In life you have to take chances in order to succeed. They might not always work out the way you want to but you want to be able to at least say I've given the best I can, that's really all you can do. Not sure what else I can say, hope it all works out man! :smile:

We now have three world class strikers in the thread...

I remember saying to someone in a similar thread, you don't necessarily need to ask her out right away. You could get her number first to warm her up to the idea of going out with her. From what you've written it doesn't seem like you know her all that well, so it's feasible that she might fob you off.

As for motivation: it's better to know whether she likes you than not know. You seem slightly new to dating from what you've written, so if worst comes to worst then at least you've got a bit of practice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Diego Costa
We now have three world class strikers in the thread...

I remember saying to someone in a similar thread, you don't necessarily need to ask her out right away. You could get her number first to warm her up to the idea of going out with her. From what you've written it doesn't seem like you know her all that well, so it's feasible that she might fob you off.

As for motivation: it's better to know whether she likes you than not know. You seem slightly new to dating from what you've written, so if worst comes to worst then at least you've got a bit of practice.

Cheers best striker in the league given your size and stature, Aguero is only rated higher because he's more technically adept as a result of his smaller stature.

But back to the point a conversation would do, exactly. Just so she's thinking of me in some way. Always think numbers are much more difficult to ask for than an actual date cause you've not really got a proposition other than "Hey how are you give me ur number"

And of course, of course, honestly if I can ask her out I can ask out anyone. It gives me confidence if she accepts or rejects if I'm honest, I don't take these things personally. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending