The Student Room Group

Does being yourself work with women?

Hi I’m in mid 20s and I’m struggling to talk to girls and all I can be is myself I’m not sure if that’s the reason why I’m not getting girls because you have to talk this in a certain way or say these magic lines you see on YouTube tutorials on how to speak to them properly.

I am quite afraid to be flirty around women because I freeze up or get quite awkward because I don’t want to say the wrong thing and come out as a creep. But seems when I have good conversations with them about their interests hobbies and stuff I go from there.

As that’s my comfort zone. But every time I have these conversations with girls and some other guys talk to girls shorter they get the girl I’m not sure if that make sense but just don’t understand why. But I’ve seen it before and im not sure if it true or not if you have to speak to girls how they want you to speak them.

I hope all this makes sense and im just sort of trying to figure what i am doing wrong in terms of talking to girls because all I can do is be myself around them just need some advice if I need to change something or approach in them way.
You don't need to be flirty in the initial conversation. You just need to be direct and ask them on a date.
Reply 2
If you're not attractive you can't get attractive girls, it's not about talking. That's how it works
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m in mid 20s and I’m struggling to talk to girls and all I can be is myself I’m not sure if that’s the reason why I’m not getting girls because you have to talk this in a certain way or say these magic lines you see on YouTube tutorials on how to speak to them properly.

I am quite afraid to be flirty around women because I freeze up or get quite awkward because I don’t want to say the wrong thing and come out as a creep. But seems when I have good conversations with them about their interests hobbies and stuff I go from there.

As that’s my comfort zone. But every time I have these conversations with girls and some other guys talk to girls shorter they get the girl I’m not sure if that make sense but just don’t understand why. But I’ve seen it before and im not sure if it true or not if you have to speak to girls how they want you to speak them.

I hope all this makes sense and im just sort of trying to figure what i am doing wrong in terms of talking to girls because all I can do is be myself around them just need some advice if I need to change something or approach in them way.

Just being yourself is fine to start off with. Girls don’t want pre rehearsed lines.But at some point you have to take the plunge and ask them out on a date, if not they won’t know if you’re interested or just being friendly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending